Knowing When to GIVE IN!

TIGHTCHOKE

1 minute ago, kennett said:

Yeah just read that, I think we are supposed to feel sorry for him, or see him as some sort of hero! Just an awkward old twit, who has wasted everyone's time and his sons inheritance 👏

I can understand his principle but how much further would he have gone?

36 minutes ago, kennett said:

Surely a decent barrister should have said "unless you were sitting at home with 10 witnesses when it allegedly happened, the chances of you winning are very slim, we don't reccomend you proceed with this"

I am sure his Barrister would have outlined the inevitability of the case, but the defendant is in charge and if he chooses to ignore good advice the case goes on and the costs rise.

I can feel sorry for him , he might just be the Victor meldrew type , but then again , he might be an ordinary old chap that was going about his business ( and not speeding ), and he has been shafted by the system  , that would stick in anyone's throat. 

5 hours ago, kennett said:

Surely a decent barrister should have said "unless you were sitting at home with 10 witnesses when it allegedly happened, the chances of you winning are very slim, we don't reccomend you proceed with this"

Exactly this. I was caught "speeding" once, ticket said 68 in a 40, the 40 limit was for roadworks and had been removed for almost a week. Spoke to a local road traffic lawyer I spoke too agreed that there was no way I was speeding but recommended as I had no points on my license I was better to pay the fine and take the points as it would cost aprox £1000 for them to help out and mean me having to take a day off work to go to court. 

Interestingly, I just renewed my insurance and for an extra £19.95 I could have had an add-on for a "Mr Loophole" style legal service which so-say promised a 60%+ chance of getting me off points for speeding and / or using a mobile phone whilst driving. 

I said I wouldn't do either anyway and turned them down. 

46 minutes ago, stumpy69 said:

Exactly this. I was caught "speeding" once, ticket said 68 in a 40, the 40 limit was for roadworks and had been removed for almost a week. Spoke to a local road traffic lawyer I spoke too agreed that there was no way I was speeding but recommended as I had no points on my license I was better to pay the fine and take the points as it would cost aprox £1000 for them to help out and mean me having to take a day off work to go to court. 

Yep as I said............"you can't beat the system"...............you can only duck and dive and ride the blows!.........