New Browning B525 invector+ fibre wad dirty ??

endo

Hi all

Just got a new 2019 B525 12G Invector+ & I noticed when cleaning it it took me about 8 felt pads before I stopped seeing kak on the cotton.

With my old Miroku 7000 I usually spray napier cleaner in the barrels, drink some coffee, then bronze brush them a few times followed by cotton pads x 3, but with the 525 I just could not get it clean, I then tried Britbore mops which were better but still took 4 runs thru and 2 mops used per barrel after which a check with a clean cotton pad pushed thru still showed some kak. I've used Eley fibre wad Olympics in both B525 and Miroku 7000.

Is it down to the backboring allowing more kak to pass the wad at ignition ?

cheers endo

Edited by endo
correction

1 hour ago, MrPhantom said:

I just do one or two quick goes with the cleaning rod on my Browning. As others have said why fuss over a small amount of residue. All the modern Brownings have chrome lined barrels.

Not all, gun dealer was telling me that there using Chrome steel in the barrels. Easier to alter chokes in fixed choke nominal bored guns. Might be why they have lead only stickers on them.

Were you using Eley fiber wad carts ? The kleena wads leave a tar like gum behind that's a pig to remove. I soak the bores in solvent for half hour then put rod and bronze brush in the drill and spin it away.

Whilst I dont get wound up about having mirror clean bores, I must agree that my last batch of Eley Olympic blues left alot of dirty residue in the barrels.  Currently using Lyalvale Power Reds and they hardly need cleaning so back the to "do it when I can be bothered" regime I have followed for the last 20 years!

Edited by Wingman

Scully the Gilsan Stingers in fiber wad are all I use for clays. Kept in the house so they're warm and dry my barrels stay clean with just a quick rodding with Napier super clean and cleanzoil. Same in backbored invector plus maxus, with a little more effort. Then again I don't go shoving bright white patches through after. I leave a thin film of cleanzoil in barrels. It's the forcing cones that get dirtiest I've found.

Endo you are aware BC.Miroku make the Browning's in the same factory. 

Good cleaning products help a lot with the gunk left behind.  I've found cleanzoil the best product for the last four or five years. I be got all sorts of other stuff that's rarely used.

On 10 September 2019 at 17:48, endo said:

Hi all

Just got a new 2019 B525 12G Invector+ & I noticed when cleaning it it took me about 8 felt pads before I stopped seeing kak on the cotton.

With my old Miroku 7000 I usually spray napier cleaner in the barrels, drink some coffee, then bronze brush them a few times followed by cotton pads x 3, but with the 525 I just could not get it clean, I then tried Britbore mops which were better but still took 4 runs thru and 2 mops used per barrel after which a check with a clean cotton pad pushed thru still showed some kak. I've used Eley fibre wad Olympics in both B525 and Miroku 7000.

Is it down to the backboring allowing more kak to pass the wad at ignition ?

cheers endo

Re your last point, no. If any kak was getting passed the wad, then so too would the gas/ pressure and you'd know all about it in the form of abysmal patterns as well as dirty barrels. For peace of mind, a quick parents check will tell you.