Another Ebay Question Please

marsh man

8 hours ago, Retsdon said:

That's a bit harsh surely? 

maybe but I had a similar experience as Marsh Man ,I sold a jacket had tracking id and proof that it had been delivered ,then a week  later the buyer emailed me asking where it was and he was going open a case against me ,so I provided him with all the details I had of delivery etc and never heard another word after that ,just another chancer trying it on

10 hours ago, Muddy Funker said:

The best advice is **** ebay. 

It's a joke for sellers. 

Best one recently, you send me the bike helmet (£150) and if I'm happy with it I'll send you the money, haha ok mate good one. 

I'll never use it to sell again it's useless. 

Try this one for cheek, mate put his mobile phone up for sale £150, it was in perfect condition and less than 12 months old, it sold and he sent it off registered and signed for and well packaged, 3 days later the guy contacted him saying the phone was damaged and did not work, he said he was returning the phone and wanted a full refund + postage.

Ebay rules being on the buyers side my mate agreed and made the refund, the phone arrived and to his horror the glass had a crack from corner to corner and a large dent on one corner and generally in a poor condition, he tried turning the phone on but it did not work.

He then realised it was the same make and model but not the phone he had sent, there were two months of phone calls and emails without joy, in the end my mate got so frustrated he gave up and vowed never to use Ebay again, that was 4 years ago.

Another one I know of involved a perfectly good working laptop where the buyer swapped his faulty screen for the good one and asked for a refund saying the screen was faulty.

It’s a case of seller beware on Ebay.

EBay is full of blaggers,  both buyers and sellers . We're quite lucky ,mainly due to the type of products that we sell , and the type of people that we sell to , but we still get scammed from time to time .

A good friend of mine got scammed for about thirty quid a few years ago , the aggro went on for a few weeks until he was quite sure that he'd been deliberately scammed.  He got into his car and drove around 500 miles(yes 500 miles), so that he could punch the xxxx out of the scammer 😅

I have just had something similar I ordered a battery for a magnet  tracked n sign for postage got home from work to a yodel card saying item in back porch I don’t have a back porch.. checked my emails yodel package as been delivered next door at 17 went round not been delivered there ...phoned yodel they said Anne at No17 signed for it .. there is no one called Anne at any of my neighbours ... eBay eventually refunded me 

22 hours ago, old'un said:

Try this one for cheek, mate put his mobile phone up for sale £150, it was in perfect condition and less than 12 months old, it sold and he sent it off registered and signed for and well packaged, 3 days later the guy contacted him saying the phone was damaged and did not work, he said he was returning the phone and wanted a full refund + postage.

Ebay rules being on the buyers side my mate agreed and made the refund, the phone arrived and to his horror the glass had a crack from corner to corner and a large dent on one corner and generally in a poor condition, he tried turning the phone on but it did not work.

He then realised it was the same make and model but not the phone he had sent, there were two months of phone calls and emails without joy, in the end my mate got so frustrated he gave up and vowed never to use Ebay again, that was 4 years ago.

Another one I know of involved a perfectly good working laptop where the buyer swapped his faulty screen for the good one and asked for a refund saying the screen was faulty.

It's shocking. 

I only use it to buy now. I'm finding facebook market place the best thing to use now if I want rid of things. 

Gets out to local people quickly, no messing about having to pack and post 👍🏻

30% of my business sales are through ebay, I sell worldwide with the exception of a couple of countries  so I have daily experience of ebay. 99% of the time it is great but of course there are dishonest and lazy folk out there and the 1% is a pita.

Always make sure that your return address is on the outside of any package. If it is not delivered it will at least be returned to you  - the RM have become much better at doing this in the last couple of years, we also get many overseas orders that are not collected returned as well. 

If you do not want hassle on ebay then always add in the cost of suitable tracked postage to your item price.

Never refund until you have received the goods back and inspected them. Sometimes buyers do not even bother to return or package things badly and they get damaged. Buyers have a duty of care until such time as you receive the items back.

We have never had a RM recorded or special delivery go missing completely where it was not either delivered, collected or returned.

In the UK

Up to £20 with Royal Mail you just need to get proof of postage in order to make a claim from the RM  - no ebay seller protection as no tracking so you will have to refund if the buyer says not received - and then add them to your blocked buyer list! If you make a successful claim from the RM they will want to 'pay' you in stamps - just so you know - MarshMan I think this applies in your example and you will need to refund and make a claim with the RM - https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/webforms/claim

Up to £50 then you are covered with RM recorded delivery, if any problems with ebay then you are covered by Paypal seller protection - as soon as you mention this to any ebay agent they suddenly become compliant!

Over £50 then use Special delivery and your protection is as above

Overseas we always use tracked, signed or tracked and signed with the RM 

We do not have to refund any order UK or overseas where the tracking shows that the buyer has failed to act and any negative feedback (which can still be left by buyers) is also removed by ebay in these circumstances.

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 09:30, old'un said:

Same type of scam happened to me,sold set of rock sliders...….agreed to refund...……..turned up...…….not the ones I sent out🤬

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 19:20, peck said:

Ebay will always side with the buyer

this

but the PO employ a lot of casual staff these days, Yodel and the like don't even employ their drivers, they are all freelancers. Lots of stuff I order goes missing because we have a very similar address to another road nearby. we are 4 xxxxx Court and the next road is xxxxxx Way.

4 xxxxx Way gets lots of our post and vice versa  

Edited by Vince Green

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2019 at 18:48, old'un said:

If he has logged the issue with Ebay you will have to refund him, if that’s what he is demanding.

you will have to then make a claim for the lost item (if possible) with the post office.

Hi .... Just got the case results from Ebay and they have awarded me the decision , they said they have tracked the number and it showed it was delivered to the buyers house , not my fault he wasn't in , so if he haven't still got it is now up to him to claim off the post office .

THANKS for your help and advice .