Mink control

Ebobeach9

Hi, does anyone have and tried and tested ways to :

1. stop mink entering pheasant/ partridge pens
  2. Proven trapping methods

Any ideas at all would be appreciated, my small syndicate shoot has lost over 1/3 of our birds to mink. They somehow entered the pens and killed everything. All our pens have nets on as a roof and I thought if these were removed at least the birds could flap out to safety but then would they wander away.

Thanks in advance 

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

@islandgun If your asking about mink then ask someone who knows 👍 

Cheers mice.. ive no experience around Pheasant pens but they will find and get through a very small hole at ground level for sure, it might pay to attach and dig in some small meshed netting around the pen and screw in some boards at the gate.. I always used live catch traps baited with mink lure, fish or meat, set the trap plate very light.. they will kill everything they can catch and work hard over time at dragging off the remains to a den/cache. they  will be back. try baiting the trap with bits of pheasant. Or perhaps leave out some bait and wait at night with a rimfire or air rifle ! good luck, PM if  you want........ but let us know how you get on

• 4 weeks later...