Re Jdogs post cattle and a horse , here is another interesting photo

johnphilip

These sheep were going up for clipping there walking past my house .i had to look twice , ran inside  to grab my camera phone.  Seems it walked all the way up to the shed then legged it back down to the field they came from . I spoke to the farmers son . He said the young deer had been with the sheep for  a long time , was wondering had it been orphaned  and took to the sheep for protection . Never seen anything like this before . Looking at it in the picture it does not seem scared. Nature is amazing 

sheep and deer2.jpg

Simon as you can see i live in the middle of nowere . Love it.  was a townie  , but born  in upper teesdale , in Co Durham . Moved here to Southwest  Scotland  , never looked back every time i drive to town ( stranraer) i pass the coast line . The view of Luce Bay is amazing . Even though it looks very green and hilly from my house i walk 3/4 mile i have my own little beach , no one goes there much . The cattle get it in the winter . Hope when you move you get settled in , and enjoy your time .

Three years ago a young Fallow buck fawn appeared, in January, amongst a friends heifers. At first they wouldn’t tolerate it and tried to drive it away. Eventually it was accepted and over the next year it began visiting other people’s cattle, until four different landowners were involved. The less frequently visited beasts never got used to the little deer and there was much racing around and chasing. One farmer was nearly trampled when he entered a field unaware of the situation. After more than a year amongst the cattle the Fallow, by then a pricket, became a real nuisance.  Some heifers were spooked one day and charged through a fence with a barbed wire top strand, destroying the fence and injuring two beasts. At this point the landowners approached me to shoot the deer, which I did very reluctantly as the whole village had been watching him for over a year.

7 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Simon as you can see i live in the middle of nowere . Love it.  was a townie  , but born  in upper teesdale , in Co Durham . Moved here to Southwest  Scotland  , never looked back every time i drive to town ( stranraer) i pass the coast line . The view of Luce Bay is amazing . Even though it looks very green and hilly from my house i walk 3/4 mile i have my own little beach , no one goes there much . The cattle get it in the winter . Hope when you move you get settled in , and enjoy your time .

Nice photo and your area look very idyllic ,  I very much doubt I will ever move again but if I did somewhere like where you live would tick all the boxes , although where I go I can see for miles and the highest thing above sea level would be the top of a gate post :lol: it would certainly take a bit of getting used to looking at your hills , or are they called mountains ?  

18 hours ago, marsh man said:

Nice photo and your area look very idyllic ,  I very much doubt I will ever move again but if I did somewhere like where you live would tick all the boxes , although where I go I can see for miles and the highest thing above sea level would be the top of a gate post :lol: it would certainly take a bit of getting used to looking at your hills , or are they called mountains ?  

if a norfolk boy climb over a gate post he get a nosebleed..

and then has to go in to a decompression chamber for a week..:lol:

On 12/09/2019 at 13:58, ditchman said:

if a norfolk boy climb over a gate post he get a nosebleed..

and then has to go in to a decompression chamber for a week..

Strange you should say that , I recently negotiated my way over a large Mole hill , well I say over but half way up I felt if I had been smoking the ole wacky backy and had to carefully come down and made a detour around the base at ground level😊

39 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Strange you should say that , I recently negotiated my way over a large Mole hill , well I say over but half way up I felt if I had been smoking the ole wacky backy and had to carefully come down and made a detour around the base at ground level😊

you mean ...you returned to base camp after a failed attempt to cross the sumit ..

56 minutes ago, ditchman said:

you mean ...you returned to base camp after a failed attempt to cross the sumit ..

Yea , i'm afraid so , unlike the Caister lifeboat men who battled against a storm in 1901 and lost 9 crew members , when asked the retired coxwain James Haylett  why they kept going against all the odds , he replied , Caister men never turn back .:good:

Here is my lucky dear shot out with my son aged 3 at the time (now 12 ) and my Dad while up in Northumbria. Still not sure  what made me pick up my slr but I did. Walking down a snicket between two corn fields  to the village for a pint and some milk and stumbled across this little fella sat quietly until mum called and off it trotted. It seemed most fascinated in us ! Had to crop the shot down to get it under file size !329EC4B5-D93A-46C0-9FEA-BD5D4B0CEA8B.jpeg.c6272c89e2ccb8a94672ca873b05d722.jpeg

20 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

John if you have not found it have a read up on your Nikon on ken Rockwell.

atb Agriv8 

Thank , i started photography  nearly 40 years ago , with an old zenith,  no metering in them days had to learn how to work out  the shutter / aperture  set up . Using a heldheld meter . Got into black and white developing  . Did a little work for a model agency.  Helped pay for other gear , scary  when you think about all the gear i had over the years . Now digital  wow its all amazing stuff now the image quality  is getting better all the time . And the software for tweeking images is amazing now .

logan_beach.jpeg