Cambridgeshire Police FAC

Percy78

Cambs are quite reasonable. I was invited to do my renewal early by them & it was sorted in a few weeks & that even inc a mix up with details of my serial numbers they had entered incorrectly. For a first time application it may take a bit longer, but they certainly are helpful & as efficient as they can be. If you are concerned about the time being taken, just give them a call & ask how far along you are in the process. They have always been friendly & reassuring whenever I have called them.

Dan.

1 hour ago, Mullard83 said:

Cambs are quite reasonable. I was invited to do my renewal early by them & it was sorted in a few weeks & that even inc a mix up with details of my serial numbers they had entered incorrectly. For a first time application it may take a bit longer, but they certainly are helpful & as efficient as they can be. If you are concerned about the time being taken, just give them a call & ask how far along you are in the process. They have always been friendly & reassuring whenever I have called them.

Dan.

Thanks Dan, that’s good to know. I’m happy to wait. I learnt my lesson when getting my SGC... it comes when it comes! 😂

Cambridgeshire are better than good on initial applications and excellent with renewals & variations. Last variation i stuck in took less than two weeks from posting to dropping through door.

I chatted to someone recently about how long their first time application took and he said 13 weeks. The firearm team are great,but unfortunately hidden away at Monks Wood!

• 9 months later...

Has anyone heard about Cambs getting back to normal. I’ve been going clay shooting with one of my friends and really want to get my SGC so I can go on my own as well. I applied in January and am hoping to get it in time for the game season as well.