Golf trolley question

henry d

56 minutes ago, rimfire4969 said:

My Dad's does not have reverse, speed from a stand still to a medium jog. It goes up fairly steep hills but obviously this has an effect on the battery life. As for weight he has a great big bag and bats as well as room for waterproofs, flask etc. At a guess 20kgs but that is not a limit just his.

20 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Sure you don't mean clubs?

I agree "bats" is better:lol:

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

im no lecky.............would it work if a switch was put on that would reverse the polarity ...just for reverse ?

Probably blow it up on todays modern trolly🤪  They have sat nav and course info computers built in….. Some of them now even follow the owner (who carries a fob) all around the course, even going ahead to the next tee on 'their' own🥴.   Apart from that, some do have a reverse function, but most have only forward as going up and down steep parts of the course is usually avoided; as with the buggies.

On the negative side, they can cost upwards of a full set of clubs……..

6 hours ago, henry d said:

Sounds spot on for what I require, but I would need one with fwd and reverse, many thanks

Not many about with reverse function….. One with reverse you could try is RoboKaddy, you may find some second hand ones for sale on-line.

11 hours ago, KB1 said:

Not many about with reverse function….. One with reverse you could try is RoboKaddy, you may find some second hand ones for sale on-line.

It`s to get my kayak up steep paths/roads at the beach.

I think I will just have a browse about and see if I can get something 2nd hand relatively cheap and see if I can adapt how I mount the nose of the kayak as the main weight will be held by my usual trolley.

26 minutes ago, henry d said:

It`s to get my kayak up steep paths/roads at the beach.

I think I will just have a browse about and see if I can get something 2nd hand relatively cheap and see if I can adapt how I mount the nose of the kayak as the main weight will be held by my usual trolley.

hello, is that with a boat trailor henry or do you just lug it up the beach and paths, whats the trolly like ? what about a 12 volt caravan/boat mini mover ? 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

17 hours ago, ditchman said:

then what about getting a cheap 12v batterery mobility scooter and chop it about ...

We are considering something along these lines for clay shooting, a mobility scooter with knobbely tyres and a Gun Rack.

Plan A was a cart pulled by the dogs but apparently this is illegal under some Victorian law, Plan B was to use street urchins to pull it but whilst this is legal under Victorian laws we shoot in Surrey and the supply of urchins isn't what it was.

18 hours ago, Dibble said:

We are considering something along these lines for clay shooting, a mobility scooter with knobbely tyres and a Gun Rack.

Plan A was a cart pulled by the dogs but apparently this is illegal under some Victorian law, Plan B was to use street urchins to pull it but whilst this is legal under Victorian laws we shoot in Surrey and the supply of urchins isn't what it was.

A single seater golf trolly ( they have forward and reverse ) is what you want my mate just bought one for the clay ground they have larger wheel than a mobility scooter so have more ground clearance..

New they are about £1 grand but you can get second hand ones from e-bay for just 3 or 4 hundred quid....

I have had one for about 4years use mine for golf because of my asthma helps me keep up with the other guys..

Edited by hawkeye