Interesting Social Commentary

Danger-Mouse

If you want an insight into how we got to where we are as a species ( homo sapiens ) and how the earth in many ways has shaped us rather than the other way round, as many believe; how and why we developed empires and a myriad of cultures and how those empires and cultures have and will see us grow closer and closer as a species, then you may be interested in 'Sapiens: A Brief History of Mankind' by Yuval Noah Harari. Am enjoying it immensely. 

26 minutes ago, Scully said:

If you want an insight into how we got to where we are as a species ( homo sapiens ) and how the earth in many ways has shaped us rather than the other way round, as many believe; how and why we developed empires and a myriad of cultures and how those empires and cultures have and will see us grow closer and closer as a species, then you may be interested in 'Sapiens: A Brief History of Mankind' by Yuval Noah Harari. Am enjoying it immensely. 

Cheers for the recommendation Scully.

12 hours ago, Scully said:

Just ordered it, thanks, for holiday reading by the pool 🍹

3 hours ago, Scully said:

You’ll enjoy it.....I think. 🙂

I'm sure I will, last pool book was Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine and I really enjoyed that, if slightly horrified.

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Depending on where you are in Spain you can still see all forms of Sapiens and Neanderthals 😉

The only thing I am looking for in Spain is cephalopods, molluscs, crustaceans, pata negra, manchego and vino, as that to me is sapiens high water mark!