for a change

guzzicat

Found an Air Arms S200 cheap,just finished work on it, I junked the horrible plastic bits, bolt Etc & replaced with Rowan engineering brass bits,trade secrets on stock, & a quick clean up, it shoots just sub 12  & still has the anti tamper stud in place, it shoots  very tight, no jump & silent, perfect.

IMG_4451.JPG

IMG_4453.JPG

11 minutes ago, guzzicat said:

Yes It was a well used rat gun , I just like fiddling with guns, shot mostly.

hello, that what i used mine for but many years ago, now i have a FX mk 1 vermy, but seems the rat population has declined in recent years, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 09:31, guzzicat said:

Found an Air Arms S200 cheap,just finished work on it, I junked the horrible plastic bits, bolt Etc & replaced with Rowan engineering brass bits,trade secrets on stock, & a quick clean up, it shoots just sub 12  & still has the anti tamper stud in place, it shoots  very tight, no jump & silent, perfect.

IMG_4451.JPG

IMG_4453.JPG

looks very nice, I like the stock.

Nice job.

Have just the same model and wouldn't part with it.  My stock isn't quite as smart but I did make my own brass bolt handle and ditched the plastic one.  Cracking little rifle.  Mine is very accurate if I do my bit.  Enjoy.   They are not that light but not s heavy as a TX200.  I shoot from mainly permanent build hides with small shooting tables and that square foreend just sits nice and tidy waiting patiently.

Edited by Walker570

If anybody has a spare spoon lying around the house can they please post it to Mice as he's determined to stir things (dont tell him but he will also not be getting a glittery Christmas card this year). Truth be known I stare at the bruises on my legs from where I kick myself everyday since selling my S200! Wildcat has let me down once already ( Wildcat Mod post) and she no longer gets to sit on my lap being stroked although she did put another 5 shots thru the bull again today as way of an apology, but it's hard to believe that such an expensive gun can be built using push fit pins on a moving part.

I have the same model. Extremely accurate but I had an issue with a wandering zero. Not by much and but for the fact I was practicing with it daily, I mightn't have noticed.

I researched the matter and discovered it was caused by the air cylinder flexing and did the following which was easy.

Bought a shim washer from Accugroup, 28 x 20 x 0.5 mm, which was less than 50p.and fitted it to the cylinder, 

Then overbored the barrel band ( I used a round file ) so as the barrel no longer contacts the band.

Slight improvement in accuracy and no zero shift whatsoever.

Edited by Robertt

8 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

If anybody has a spare spoon lying around the house can they please post it to Mice as he's determined to stir things (dont tell him but he will also not be getting a glittery Christmas card this year). Truth be known I stare at the bruises on my legs from where I kick myself everyday since selling my S200! Wildcat has let me down once already ( Wildcat Mod post) and she no longer gets to sit on my lap being stroked although she did put another 5 shots thru the bull again today as way of an apology, but it's hard to believe that such an expensive gun can be built using push fit pins on a moving part.

Sorry i couldn't resist, and i have quite a nice collection of wooden spoons already 😄

When you posted about the weight of your new pussy cat i looked for S200 for sale and was surprised to find quite a few, but i resisted, guzzicats nice looking rifle was just too much of a temptation.