Sailing in Scotland

oowee

Just fininishing off a 5 day West Coast of Scotland sailing skills review. Out of Oban over to mull, Jura and sound of Isla. Loads of rain, loads of tide and wind f4 to f8 and barely using the engine. Its been a cracking trip but not sure i want to repeat it anytime soon. 

Today north tip of Jura to pass Corryvreckan with 6 knts of boat speed and 9knts over the ground was soething else. 

IMG-20190912-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20190912-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190910-WA0005.jpeg

9 knts was total. We often sail in med but this year we wanted to improve our skills. This was enlightening. 🤣 

Never knew i had forgotten so much and pushed to go places i would not consider in conditions where i would normaly stay home. Beating with wind against tide over 6 foot short waves had me shackled to the boat 🤣. It was fun afterwards. 

11 hours ago, oowee said:

9 knts was total. We often sail in med but this year we wanted to improve our skills. This was enlightening. 🤣 

Never knew i had forgotten so much and pushed to go places i would not consider in conditions where i would normaly stay home. Beating with wind against tide over 6 foot short waves had me shackled to the boat 🤣. It was fun afterwards. 

I know exactly what you mean.. happy to be safe but also with a urge to do it again, I think its what's known as the adrenaline rush..:good: