Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
henry d

Smoked mackerel pate

Recommended Posts

One nice fat mackerel, filleted

2-3 Tbsp of creme fraiche

1Tbsp of capers

1tsp of Dijon mustard

juice of half a lemon

If you have smoked the mackerel yourself keep the juices and add to the above in a blender, give it a whizz and add pepper if necessary after you have tasted it.

Simple and very delicious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very similar to to a dish my wife makes but hers is with Horseradish instead of the Dijon mustard. I will give your version a try, thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

Very similar to to a dish my wife makes but hers is with Horseradish instead of the Dijon mustard. I will give your version a try, thanks for sharing.

horseradish (fresh from the roadside) ...is supreme with smoked mackers ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be careful the horseradish don't have its feet in water. Might be your last meal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, figgy said:

Be careful the horseradish don't have its feet in water. Might be your last meal.

why so  dear boy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its feet are in water it's not horseradish but deadly water hemlock. Often mistaken for horseradish.

Bit like not knowing what your picking with fungi. Can turn out nasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, figgy said:

If its feet are in water it's not horseradish but deadly water hemlock. Often mistaken for horseradish.

Bit like not knowing what your picking with fungi. Can turn out nasty.

ooohh errr......:sick:.........i will stick to my roadside verge stuff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2019 at 14:31, rimfire4969 said:

Very similar to to a dish my wife makes but hers is with Horseradish instead of the Dijon mustard. I will give your version a try, thanks for sharing.

One recipe had horseradish but I`m not too fussed about it myself, like to taste the fish not have my sinuses and sometimes eyes running

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, henry d said:

One recipe had horseradish but I`m not too fussed about it myself, like to taste the fish not have my sinuses and sometimes eyes running

It’s only a teaspoon so you only really get a back ground favour not the heat, unless you want it then I guess you add more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...