Neighbour issues

LondonLuke

Long story, but we have a bit of a troublesome (possibly with quite severe mental issues)

They have taken to driving very very aggressively, not just in our area but on the streets, being next to a school it's not ideal.

They are German (we think) and for years has been driving here on foreign plates (starting "UN" not sure what country that is or if it is the actual UN) and everyone is of the belief that they probably shouldn't be and may not have MOT etc 

Anyone any tips on where to start?!

Thank you all.

The police have dealt with her previously but I don't think they will have thought to check on vehicle.

Tried the DVLA site but it does only appear to check UK registered vehicles, they have definitely been driving here for many years on foreign plates.

Weird that they begin with UN - doesn't seem to tie up with a country registration mark.

Maybe they are ex UN and now are exempt like diplomat cars?!

Migrants ? Causing trouble ? No way !
Youre obviously a racist sir, be orf with you now 😂

Cant find anything about a 'UN' prefix , I doubt very much its a UN diplo plate.

Closest I could get is UA for Ukraine, but you dont say if its the country prefix (usually with a flag) or plate prefix , that sometimes denotes a region of the country.
Like the German prefix = UN - Unna, North-Rhine-Westphalia

21 minutes ago, B725 said:

Why CD does it stand for can't do me. 

CD = Community Diplomatique

All these things have to be in French or they throw their toys out of the cot.  As far as I know CD plates are valid only for (senior officials) Embassy/Consulate registered cars and I believe officially only apply when they are on 'business'.  Often they are used in conjunction with a UK plate (example - Australia used to have the reg no AUS 1 with a CD - which was the Ambassadors official car.  'Normal' grade embassy staff like clerks etc. don't get CD plates.  I believe some embassies (the usual suspects) do abuse the system, whereas others are very strict.

Diplomatic plates have numbers then D then numbers, the first set of numbers indicate the country. If It's a X not a D it's an international organisation not a country such as The International Whaling commission. 

If it is a diplomatic vehicle expect sod all help from the Police , not their fault, the idea of the plates is the police don't get involved. I got knocked off a bicycle by an uninsured High Comission vehicle once !

If they are German then it’s probably the German town of registration which is usual - a bit like BUXX ABC here BU being Birmingham. 

The usual is you can drive the car for 6months if you are a non resident - people usually run them back home for a month or so then come back with them. I do know of cars that are only used to travel and while at home and are kept garaged in between times and not used on the road. 

If you are a ‘resident’ it’s usually 2 weeks before you need to register. 

Report it and also mention it’s being used daily - there are ways to check when a car came in and if it has gone out 

😂  I got one for you. We have a private airport at the end of my neighborhood.  So this guy wins the lottery and moves in with a mail ordered wife. My neighbor then bought a helicopter.  He wasn’t allowed to use the airport because he didn’t have a pilot license nor any training. So he would set in the cockpit and watch how to fly YouTube videos and hop up and down the driveway.  (In North Carolina you don’t need license to fly if your not in city limits, not carrying  passenger, it’s personal use and not commercial, and you stay under the commercial altitude.)  Well long story short he spreads the helicopter through the yard about 50 yards in front of my house.  No damage except a piece of rotor blade hit the siding.  His mail order bride drug him out of the inferno saving his life.  Son you don’t know annoying until your neighbor hops a turbo helicopter around his yard for hours at a time.  That thing desentagraded.  The tail section was the only recognizable part. 67A3574C-9641-403E-839B-567F9472442B.jpeg.1ba31e3260772c30a3d6430ee2e74672.jpeg

12CE1076-8069-445B-98BF-7074E70651E4.jpeg

Edited by NoBodyImportant

Does nobody talk anymore? If there is an issue, surely the first thing you would do is speak to them and point out their driving is causing concern for you and others. This may or may not resolve the issue but its worth a try.

Neighbours had a similar issue. I spoke on their behalf and it stopped. Albeit, just for a while. I heard that when the speeding in the neighbourhood (by the same particular person) recommenced, other folk pointed out that if this person continued to drive like an idiot and disregard the safety of our kids. The safety of his car couldn't be guaranteed. 

Not saying thats right but a friendly talking to may nip it in the bud. And if it doesn't,  then start thinking about calling the police.

11 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

Does nobody talk anymore? If there is an issue, surely the first thing you would do is speak to them and point out their driving is causing concern for you and others. This may or may not resolve the issue but its worth a try.

Neighbours had a similar issue. I spoke on their behalf and it stopped. Albeit, just for a while. I heard that when the speeding in the neighbourhood (by the same particular person) recommenced, other folk pointed out that if this person continued to drive like an idiot and disregard the safety of our kids. The safety of his car couldn't be guaranteed. 

Not saying thats right but a friendly talking to may nip it in the bud. And if it doesn't,  then start thinking about calling the police.

i think it would be better not to talk than make threats:hmm:,just report to police

Thank you all. Seems worth mentioning to either DVLA or police - not sure which would deal with driving on foreign plates but maybe mention to both

Am glad they have not upgraded to helicopter just yet but what an excellent story!

The woman is about 65ish and is the single least reasonable person you can imagine. There are complaints and complaints about her and she is beyond sense if you try and actually speak to her. There is a shared driveway which she thinks she owns and if we are out there for five minutes to load something she rushes out she will sit on her horn until they move. There is no asking nor even stopping the horn as you get into your car. Even though all she does is drive out, drive round the block, and drive back in - just to prove a point!

Maybe some sharp tacks spread liberally are the answer