Does it make me a bad person?

Townie

7 hours ago, vmaxphil said:

My Mrs thinks I'm looking after a couple of guns for a mate that's working in Saudi, how she believed that drivel i don't know 

She don't and will be just humouring you.  Same as all dresses are only £20.00 in a sale and too good to pass up.

I never lie to my wife about the costs of shooting or accessories or even the guns. Just don't tell them in the first place 😃

16 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells my collection for what I supposedly paid for it 

My son knows the score and has instructions.

I bought a EELL last week and my wife was surprised that a gun with such beautiful woodwork was only £1400.00 extra after I part exchanged my old silver pigeon.

don't take my misses with you to the gunshop- i went to pick up my o/u from repair and while waiting i was looking through the gun racks and spotted a nice benelli premium plus with lovely walnut stock and forearm. after a short conversation with the salesman my misses pipes up with " aren't you going to buy it then?" 

yep, I bought it.

My wife was responsible for my buying a London sidelock. I was looking at guns at a game fair, as usual every year. She spotted exactly what I had wanted for forty years and told the salesman, “He wants to look at this one.” When I began to um and aah she said, “when are you going to buy one, you’ve been looking at them for forty years, get it bought before it’s too late to have one.”

I could never have justified the cost for myself.

My misses never moans about the money i spend on shooting- only moans a little bit about the time i'm out shooting. She used to go to a gun club when she was a teenager, she has shot things I've never even seen- .44 magnum, 1911 .45acp,  loads of fullbore rifles, black powder stuff. She's not interested now though.

3 hours ago, stu64 said:

My misses never moans about the money i spend on shooting- only moans a little bit about the time i'm out shooting. She used to go to a gun club when she was a teenager, she has shot things I've never even seen- .44 magnum, 1911 .45acp,  loads of fullbore rifles, black powder stuff. She's not interested now though.

My wife loves to shoot.  She doesn’t care to go to public ranges but she will shoot behind the house.