Midland Game Fair ONLINE Offers!

A1Decoy

On 14/09/2019 at 10:28, Dougy said:

If you dont mind me asking, why aren't you going  you been there for decades ? just wondering if its the same reason that allot wont be going anymore. 

Our directors dog got stolen last year from our stand at the Midland, which was awful. Luckily they got her back but after a 6 painful months but left a sour feeling. 

The stand is expensive and it isn't really worth going now. We also get a lot of stock stolen at the Midland even though we have lots of staff, stock still disappears. 

Despite my criticisms of last year's event, HRH and I decided that we'd go along anyway. I need a new pair of boots and I wont buy on-line because I have issues with fit, so wanted to try some on. Lots of wellies on sale but very few boots. Mission objective failed miserably.

Otherwise, same criticisms as last year, especially too many objectionable characters - you all know who I mean. As the afternoon went on, packs of alcohol-fuelled groups, all identifiable by greased back hair, were keeping the police busy. Good to see a bigger - or at least more visible - police presence this year though.

Won't be going again but one highlight was watching the young dog handlers. One girl - four and a half years old, running a nine year old dog - completed a fairly difficult retrieve. Great to watch her and the other competitors.

1 hour ago, A1Decoy said:

Our directors dog got stolen last year from our stand at the Midland, which was awful. Luckily they got her back but after a 6 painful months but left a sour feeling. 

The stand is expensive and it isn't really worth going now. We also get a lot of stock stolen at the Midland even though we have lots of staff, stock still disappears. 

Apart from the dog being stolen the reasons seem to be the same for most of the stalls that no longer go. After seeing the advert on TV the other day (which i'd not seen for decades) i think that a name change will soon be on the way.