Oh Dear!

discobob

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, figgy said:

Hamster who is the bad boy on here you hinted at ?

I believe in people who serve their time being allowed back in without stigmatisation, everyone can make a mistake, one of the reasons I don't hold grudges against people I have spats with (and who unfriend me 😄  ). Not going to name names as that would be unkind but can let you know via pm if you must. 

11 hours ago, Scully said:

Time will tell. Who are ‘the fan boys’? Is there an official fan club? 

It's worse than that, "grrclark" made an excellent summation on another thread but basically it's that celeb worship mentality that far too many people display when hanging onto every word spoken by well, celebs, often at the jeopardy of fair discussion and/or even the truth. The worst place is of course on social media because unless your face really fits it becomes highly risky to try and keep things in perspective, I know for a fact even extremely famous and capable people at times avoid contributing for fear of getting tangled up in child like devotees' games of "glorification". This can take an even more unpleasant turn if said fans are in some way financially involved, rational debate can then fly out of the window. 

I tend to support such famous names if and when they do speak up, not everyone keeps quiet thankfully.

23 minutes ago, Westward said:

I've come across The Accused a few times when reffing. He's always been polite and perfectly reasonable and what an absolutely fantastic shot he is too.

Sad really.

Without doubt he is a fantastic shot and has done a lot of good things for the game, it’s a shame that the baggage associated with him so often outweighs the good bits.

The self promotion doesn’t bother me so much, the online bullying by him and his acolytes very much does. 

When they are that good I wonder why they feel the need to cheat.

But you only have to watch professional rugby and you see cheating happening and the risks must be worth the odd time of getting caught. Even televised nationals you see it happening and reffs calling for video for all to see.

Maybe a carry over of what's accepted in one sport.  I don't like cheating in any sport, they're pros and should act like it.

On 14/09/2019 at 14:09, Perazzishot said:

I’ve seen some of the incriminating evidence

Interesting to note that Perazzishot used the word `some`, which suggests there is more to this than just the brief video clip showing on Facebook. This may or may not be the reason he was disqualified. He is on record by his own words as being a rule bender; but the video didnt leave me with the impression he bullied the scorer.

1 hour ago, JJsDad said:

Interesting to note that Perazzishot used the word `some`, which suggests there is more to this than just the brief video clip showing on Facebook. This may or may not be the reason he was disqualified. He is on record by his own words as being a rule bender; but the video didnt leave me with the impression he bullied the scorer.

The word "bully" may be a misnomer, you don't have to infringe into someone's private space and stare em down or repeatedly ask them for the pair again for it to constitute calculated, soft, imperceptible intimidation. Incidents such as this (in isolation) can be almost unprovable, in tandem IF observed by an official who suspects systematic "abnormalities" it can certainly create enough evidence to act upon. This may be what has happened.

What was that ? sorry, you called no bird ?! Yeah I called no bird. Perhaps a more audible version of this will become available soon so we can hear the lady call no bird instead of simply being offered the "option". 

Despite what many experienced refs will tell you on the social media about their being ultra strict and sharp witted, even the very best have been known to yield to the odd irregularity, faced with dozens of different refs of varying skill/acumen levels it's possible that enough advantage could be gained to turn the tables. 

It's all conjecture though until we hear/read an official explanation as to what happened and why the decision was taken. 

For a bit of background information a chap called Mr.clays on shotgun world has been quite vocal about all of this including bringing it to the attention of the relevant authorities. Most of his posts and the biggest thread on it have been deleted, mainly because there where those that thought due process should be followed rather than Mr.clays being judge jury and executioner on an internet forum and were equally as vocal.

The video in question was not the sole reason of Mr.clays allegations, he did post up and I believe it is still there a picture of the travelling card for the shooter in question (you need to be a forum member to view it), which for some reason was written in pencil. The card in my opinion (yours may vary) appears to be change on what looks like 4 different stands. The question that isn’t answered is who made the changes and for what reason, ref altering a genuine mistake, ref bullied into it or just plain shooter decides to alter his score.

Obviously this is where due process comes in, the ground has made the decision to disqualify, the NSCA  are now reviewing the submitted evidence and might even come to a different decision and that’s where we are at.

Edited by timps

I think the ground have jurisdiction on running the shoot they will have a jury in place and if they decide to disqualify then that is final, the NSCA are not going to overturn the DQ.

However the NSCA may feel further sanctions are needed or just leave it at the DQ for that one shoot depends on how bad they think it was I guess.

What Mr.clays alleged was a very  ingenious way of getting the master card to match the altered travelling card. But how true his assertions are or if they can ever be proved I doubt we will ever find out.  

I also doubt the NSCA will go into the gory details, however just my opinion on this would be.  

NSCA no further sanctions  = “bending the rules”

NSCA long ban = maybe Mr.clays was telling the truth  

I don't think that video had anything to do with the NSCA revising and re-issuing the results of the shoot, in fact I don't believe it wasn't even taken at that particular shoot where the infringement took place, which was near Chicago..?

As ever, there's two sides to every story, it will be interesting to see the result of any appeal by the shooter concerned, only then can we all pass judgement..?

Cat.