Oh Dear!

discobob

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we will find out more sometime around  October the 10th.

The NSCA posted on their website :-

“On September 12, the NSCA was notified by Northbrook Sports Club that it has disqualified one of the shooters at the 2019 World English Sporting Championship. Northbrook has rerun the shoot results, and the current posted results are the final official results.

Following an investigation of the disqualification to determine if any additional disciplinary action should be taken, the NSCA Executive Council, along with the NSCA Executive Director, have reached a decision. The NSCA EC and Executive Director feel that their decision is appropriate, given all evidence. The decision will be disclosed once all interested parties have been notified and the appeal process expires 21 days thereafter.”

Until then no official comment will be  released. 

to make it even more interesting...... some other facts that have come up:

- turns out that video is a fake (apparently it is a chopped up video from years ago... verified by top shooters who were there) (hence it’s been taken down from most places)

- 3 or 4 fake anonymous accounts have been posting that vid along with other comments loads of forums

- rumour is these account belong to one of the other competitors/ his sponsor (who have also been openly joining in?)

- anyone who says they want to wait for the official report before deciding what has happened has been publicly roasted by those fake accounts and some hardcore trolls

looks like there is a bit of opportunistic revenge trolling going on..... I’m not making any statement about what any shooter had or has not done....... but Why would some random anon account(s) have the smoking gun evidence !? The sad thing is they have duped a lot of decent people into premature judgements....... I say wait until real info is released by a officials that don’t have a some angry agenda!

im sure that will trigger some troll to call me a fan boy for not jumping on the bandwagon because they demand it!

15 hours ago, Esuuk said:

to make it even more interesting...... some other facts that have come up:

- turns out that video is a fake (apparently it is a chopped up video from years ago... verified by top shooters who were there) (hence it’s been taken down from most places)

- 3 or 4 fake anonymous accounts have been posting that vid along with other comments loads of forums

- rumour is these account belong to one of the other competitors/ his sponsor (who have also been openly joining in?)

- anyone who says they want to wait for the official report before deciding what has happened has been publicly roasted by those fake accounts and some hardcore trolls

looks like there is a bit of opportunistic revenge trolling going on..... I’m not making any statement about what any shooter had or has not done....... but Why would some random anon account(s) have the smoking gun evidence !? The sad thing is they have duped a lot of decent people into premature judgements....... I say wait until real info is released by a officials that don’t have a some angry agenda!

im sure that will trigger some troll to call me a fan boy for not jumping on the bandwagon because they demand it!

Very interesting first post, as mentioned already the best thing to do is await the release of an official statement from the organisers of the event. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for those who are following this.
From the NSCA Facebook page:

”EDITED:

The disciplinary case from the World English Sporting Championship is under appeal. It is NSCA policy not to discuss the details of any disciplinary matter, but we can explain the process being followed, which is dictated by the NSCA Rule Book, Section IV “Rules of Conduct,” starting on page 11. This prescribes how rule violations are to be addressed and how disciplinary actions are undertaken. http://nsca.nssa-nsca.org/rule-book/

Following notification of an appeal, according to rule IV-E-1, “… the NSSA Officers shall hold a hearing on the matter, which will take place at the next regularly scheduled quarterly meeting of the NSSA Officers.” This meeting will take place on January 16, so the case will remain on appeal until that time. The decisions of the NSCA Executive Council will remain in effect during the appeal process. Following the meeting, NSCA will make a final statement on this case. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we follow our established process.”

Let us not waste any more time on this issue .

The accused is a great bloke , he would never cheat , but if he did and was caught and subsequently disqualified by the shoot organiser , the National Association will not be able to make a decision even with evidence of blatant cheating laid before them .

So let us all just get on with life .

Figgy , ask Brian Clegg , he knows I would never lie 🤣.

Just had a look on the NSCA website and they have amended their statement , it looks like a decision has been made and it is final , with announcement very soon , once they have sorted out Brexit.🤣.

Perhaps Esuuk , diplomatic correspondent for the defendant could enlighten us?

I have stopped shooting competitions now , the cost of travel , entry fees , cartridges, was high , but now I need multicoloured pens , various pencils and erasers it has all got too much.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the NSCA "Northbrook has rerun the shoot results, and the current posted results are the final official results." 

Therefore based on the above statement he cannot appeal the disqualification and that stands.

The NSCA have then looked at the evidence and the NSCA Executive Director, have reached a decision if any additional disciplinary action should be taken, this additional disciplinary action is what is being appealed not the disqualification from the shoot.

It would be an interesting turn of events if at the meeting of the NSSA Officers they come to a different decision to Northbrook and the NSCA Executive Director seeing as they have stated the results with him removed are final, but at this moment in time he is not innocent he is disqualified from the shoot and the current NSCA disciplinary action is in effect until the appeal is heard.

Regarding his sponsors I see he is absent from the list of shooters on their respective web pages when before the incident he was listed.

On 20/10/2019 at 14:12, Pluribus said:

Innocent until proven guilty should be the order of things, regrettably with social media it seems to be more often than not guilty until proven innocent.

His big problem is that it's been common knowledge for a few years that he's willing to "adjust" his scorecard if he gets the chance. Therefore he gets watched wherever he shoots.

A few years ago I was reffing at the Classic. As the next squad approached my stand I noticed a single person trailing  behind the rest of the squad. Turned out it was the man himself and guess what? He was carrying the squad scoresheet. Because it was him on his own with the card I studied it very closely but it hadn't been altered as far as I could see, but there's a reason no one's surprised that he's finally been DQ'd for cheating and it's the same reason everyone believes he's guilty.

Interesting that he has only challenged possible further action and not the disqualification itself. If he has been caught doing something he shouldn't then he deserves what he gets for bringing the great sport of shooting into disrepute. Those at the top of their game should lead by example and give us lesser shooters something to aspire to.

Damn shame and so unnecessary.

P

Quick scenario, unless he was seen tampering with his card how can he be found guilty?

That scorecard will pass through many hand during the course of the day and subsequently once handed in. For somebody to take a photo of that card and then post it online shows that there are people working behind the scenes who don't like the guy.

Just a thought.

2 hours ago, Pluribus said:

Interesting that he has only challenged possible further action and not the disqualification itself. If he has been caught doing something he shouldn't then he deserves what he gets for bringing the great sport of shooting into disrepute. Those at the top of their game should lead by example and give us lesser shooters something to aspire to.

Damn shame and so unnecessary.

P

He will have had the chance but the disqualification itself is handled by shoot management of the ground or the jury appointed by them not the NSCA. According to the rules :-

“Shoot management may disqualify or expel a member when a complaint has been filed in writing and after giving both parties (the party filing the complaint and the party complained of) an opportunity to be heard prior to disqualification or expulsion.”

Obviously by the fact he has now been disqualified he has had the chance to appeal so either his appeal against disqualification failed or he never lodged an appeal against the disqualification with shoot management.

As to which it is we wont find that out until after the NSCA appeal is heard.

20 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Quick scenario, unless he was seen tampering with his card how can he be found guilty?

That scorecard will pass through many hand during the course of the day and subsequently once handed in. For somebody to take a photo of that card and then post it online shows that there are people working behind the scenes who don't like the guy.

Just a thought.

Corroborating evidence obtained from multiple sources can negate the need for someone to visibly witness him tampering with a card, if indeed that was the cause for him being DQ’d.

Undoubtably there are people who don’t like him, he is an arrogant and divisive figure and, in his online persona, regularly comes across as a bully who appears willing to belittle and humiliate people.  Sadly his band of followers and fans regularly join in.

The inference from your post is that he has been stitched up, other competitors and the officials have colluded to do him a disservice.  I would suggest that is fanciful.

Individuals making allegations about him, sure that is understandable and maybe even likely, but to the point where a mendacious complaint means that he is DQ’d from the highest profile event in the game?

Not withstanding all of the above he has also demonstrated generosity with his time, knowledge and money in supporting others.

He is also a genuine world class shooter and based on the feedback of many of those folk under his tutelage, that I know 😉, he is also a good coach.

Mind you, having said that, of those BH students that I know none of their averages have increased anymore as a result of his coaching than that of coaching by others; at least those that I knew before they went to Ben.