Oh Dear!

discobob

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone ever hear any more on the claim that the video was faked?  I dont follow clay shooting on here or other platforms, so it seems odd that the only mention of it is from a one-time poster with not other reference to it from others.

23 hours ago, Zapp said:

Did anyone ever hear any more on the claim that the video was faked?

A self confessed witness to the offence on a US shooting forum was very vocal over this matter and published a photo of the individuals `travelling` score card from the shooting on the Sunday.The score card was in pencil and contained a number of corrections in an upward direction. He claimed to have seen and reported evidence of the rather novel way that the master sheet was falsified and then the travelling card subsequently `adjusted` upward to match the master. The guy in question seemed to want to be not only a witness but judge, jury & executioner; instead of just leaving it to the shooting ground and NSCA to obtain witness statements from all involved.

He got all very hysterical about the whole thing, including how he received rather odd phone calls from the disqualified individual. A number of posts were subsequently deleted by the moderator and the thread locked pending a final decision by NSCA. At no point was there any mention of a video from any of the parties who joined in the discussion, some of whom claimed to have been present. The charge against the individual was apparently only for falsifying his score if the witness is to be believed.

While the video of the shooter in question may be genuine, it would appear highly likely to be from a totally different venue either months or even years earlier and nothing what-so-ever to do with the disqualification. Bit of mischief making by someone I would suggest.

Edited by JJsDad

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Salopian said:

they have been threatened with legal proceedings

If the rumor is in fact true, it is probably the threat of legal action. He evidently earns a healthy living from his sponsorship deals, coaching & course setting etc, so he was always going to fight tooth & nail to protect his reputation and source of income. It leaves a rather unpleasant smell about the whole episode, and even though NSCA have kicked into the long grass, he will always now have finger(s) pointed as the guy who got caught cheating and disqualified at a major championship.

Edited by JJsDad

Well the NSCA have made a decision, quote from their Facebook page .....

“NSCA Disciplinary case 19-05 that occurred at the 2019 World English has been resolved.”

Thats your lot 🙄🤐😂.

As to an official statement of what happened or if further sanctions were imposed are obviously not forthcoming.

I doubt we will ever hear an official version of what went on so it will probably be rumours and hearsay from now on.
It will be interesting to see the competitors entry list next time the world championship is in the USA.

heard many rumours from high ranking officers many said he was guilty and as many said he didn’t do anything and if it was someone else it wouldn’t even be a thing. 

You must have heard quite a few rumours, covering both schools of thought. All cheats should be punished - they are a disgrace to the sport. You seem to take a remarkably charitable view - even for a new member's first post. 😮

5 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

You must have heard quite a few rumours, covering both schools of thought. All cheats should be punished - they are a disgrace to the sport. You seem to take a remarkably charitable view - even for a new member's first post. 😮

I would not call it charitable. However I have seen zero evidence only hear say. My friends and I had hoped the announcement by our governing body would give clarity to a tasteless situation. The ambiguous post today only leaves me to lean towards the individual being the victim of a hunt against his name. 

Please prove me otherwise with proof and I’ll get in line sir. 

On 15/09/2019 at 19:25, Hamster said:

It will defo affect it stateside for a start, things will take a tumble here too but eventually people will forgive and forget, there’s the odd naughty (in)famous boy amongst us already. 

As I predicted earlier on people will (quite rightly) eventually forgive and forget but even I have been staggered by how many people here and on social media are pretending that nothing has happened.

Yes Gordon, isn’t it odd when new PW accounts defend something that at best is murky. 

34 minutes ago, Hamster said:

As I predicted earlier on people will (quite rightly) eventually forgive and forget but even I have been staggered by how many people here and on social media are pretending that nothing has happened.

Yes Gordon, isn’t it odd when new PW accounts defend something that at best is murky. 

Seems the threat of legal action works everywhere!

Edited by schmokinn

10 hours ago, Krieghoffoverblaser said:

Then perhaps you should look at who got disqualified at the US English Sporting Championship held at Northwood in the US. He does not appear to have been re-instated, the current chatter revolves around the point that the US governing body appears to be taking no further action. His own post on the subject says the matter has been resolved which does not suggest the original disqualification has been over ruled.

10 hours ago, Krieghoffoverblaser said:

. The ambiguous post today only leaves me to lean towards the individual being the victim of a hunt against his name. 

The other more cynical view is the NSCA have been silenced by legal action and a cheat has got off further punishment , neither view has any proof.  

The facts are: 

A shooter was disqualified from the world championship however they were never named. 

A certain individual’s name was subsequently removed from the results.

The NSCA sate the disqualification is final but further disciplinary action is being appealed. 

The NSCA state the disciplinary action is now resolved. 

This  was a shoot run by the host country not the CPSA under NSCA rules and regulations which differ from the CPSA. 

Therefore  any sanctions would not automatically apply to the CPSA as they are not involved in the process only an observer from afar. 

The aftermath of all this is a complete mess. Officially a shooter was disqualified for what? no one knows, any further sanctions? no one knows. 

Unofficially well loads know the allegations and rumours. 

I would have thought NSCA would, if the disqualification was unsound state it to exonerate the shooter in question. 

And there is the fact that he has disappeared from the NSCA member list which has lead to other rumours about him being able to shoot in the USA in future. 

No one comes out of this mess in a good light