Oh Dear!

discobob

12 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

No not at all! I have had numerous conversations with numerous high profile clay shots over this season and this is a long running issue! 
the most decisive answer I got was that any punishment handed out through the American organisation would be upheld in the UK by the CPSA.

at this point we are hearing murmurs of a 3 year ban and 2 years supervised.

As said his sponsors will make their own decisions!

should any bans prevent him from earning a living as a coach is what I’m asking!

How far should the actions of his alleged crimes take him!

i agree in punishment but should it be that severe it has the capacity to bankrupt him?

Many other sports have convicted cheats, cricket, cycling, athletes etc

No to the question on should he be banned from coaching.  If he chooses to do that and people are happy to be coached by him then good luck to both.

Banned from competitive shooting? Absolutely.  Membership of the CPSA revoked? Yes, that is the competitive body and if you’re banned your membership should be revoked too.

Fitasc should also apply the same ruling in my opinion, doesn’t matter they are a different body. 

Sponsors?  Entirely up to then what they do and who they want to associate with.

I would not choose to buy from an organisation because of who they sponsor and i wouldn’t not buy from them because who they sponsor either.

If it was my business sponsoring him, however I would revoke that deal, although I would have done that due to the bullying conduct on FB long before now.  Maybe just as well my business doesn’t sponsor him 😂

Edited by grrclark

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another bullish, meaningless post on social media dragging this on instead of trying to let it die a dignified death.

My CPSA number is 65335, most people (what matter) know what Hamster stands for here and I most definitely will only type stuff that I AM prepared to say to anyone’s face.  

6 hours ago, Hamster said:

Another bullish, meaningless post on social media dragging this on instead of trying to let it die a dignified death.

My CPSA number is 65335, most people (what matter) know what Hamster stands for here and I most definitely will only type stuff that I AM prepared to say to anyone’s face.  

I’ve missed this one I think?

Any chance of a link?

:shaun:

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

I don't.

A Firearms Team would take a dim view of someone, who publishes inappropriate junk like that.

It’s all about context though Gordon, it’s not a threat just a shared observation of the decline of standards, accountability and acceptable behaviour on social media, albeit expressed with a tiresome and predictable lack of sophistication.

What amuses me about it all is the utter hypocrisy of the post.  Some of the behaviour of our bold protagonist on social media and his sycophantic band of acolytes is unbridled bullying, yet here there is an apparent complaint about the online behaviour of others.

The pitfalls of looking at the behaviour of others through a prism of ones own rather skewed assessment of their righteousness.

I have said it before the guy is an exceptionally talented shooter, he certainly does appear to have a good coaching style and he has done some really generous things for others in the game and for all of that there should be genuine respect, sadly however the brash self promotion, the urgency with which he seeks to demean others and, the bullying behaviour outweigh any respect.

2 minutes ago, grrclark said:

What amuses me about it all is the utter hypocrisy of the post.  Some of the behaviour of our bold protagonist on social media and his sycophantic band of acolytes is unbridled bullying, yet here there is an apparent complaint about the online behaviour of others.

Absolutely spot on. That was also my conclusion.

3 minutes ago, grrclark said:

the urgency with which he seeks to demean others

A good example of this is currently showing on his latest Facebook offering to his faithful followers. Seems unless you are a World Champion (multiple) you are a numpty and incapable of coaching anyone. Needless to say the acolytes are falling over themselves to applaud these words of wisdom, presumably in the hope of getting a free lesson. More likely the bookings are drying up so he is trying to drum up a bit of trade by demeaning other coaches.

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

grrclark - decent post. I am not sure that there is not an implied threat. Some might argue context, but I would contend that it is still inappropriate for a cert holder.

Juvenile bravado would be my view.

Don’t disagree with that Gordon.

8 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

A good example of this is currently showing on his latest Facebook offering to his faithful followers. Seems unless you are a World Champion (multiple) you are a numpty and incapable of coaching anyone. Needless to say the acolytes are falling over themselves to applaud these words of wisdom, presumably in the hope of getting a free lesson. More likely the bookings are drying up so he is trying to drum up a bit of trade by demeaning other coaches.

Indeed, if the shooting world was only to rely only on world champions to be coaches there wouldn’t be very many shooters being coached.

10 hours ago, grrclark said:

It’s all about context though Gordon, it’s not a threat just a shared observation of the decline of standards, accountability and acceptable behaviour on social media, albeit expressed with a tiresome and predictable lack of sophistication.

The pitfalls of looking at the behaviour of others through a prism of ones own rather skewed assessment of their righteousness.

I have said it before the guy is an exceptionally talented shooter, he certainly does appear to have a good coaching style and he has done some really generous things for others in the game and for all of that there should be genuine respect, sadly however the brash self promotion, the urgency with which he seeks to demean others and, the bullying behaviour outweigh any respect.

Fully agree! I've seen and been on the receiving end of Ben and his ********. Which he then promptly tries to delete and cover his tracks!! I know several of his sponsored shooters and have provided one with hard evidence of his online bullying..............They choose to turn a blind eye and jump on the Ben bandwagon instead...........free coaching after all 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

A lot of shooters who are sponsored have social media clauses in there contracts. Where they generally have to behave online!! I'd imagine more so if you was a "Brand Ambassador" I know for a fact Gamebore were aware of his online activities............I have the email!

grrclark has touched on this previously with sponsorship 👍👍👍

15 hours ago, Demonic69 said:

I agree with him though!

Really?

11 hours ago, grrclark said:

That sums it up quite well!

12 hours ago, grrclark said:

That sums it up quite well!

I would love to know what the CPSA think about the whole sorry episode and what they plan to do about it?

I actually took a leap of faith yesterday and took part in one of his masterclasses. What a great day filled with laughter and the knowledge we received and the way it was taught was first class. This subject came up and very professionally he stated “there will be the haters side and then the truth I pay no attention to social media trolls apart from holding them accountable through lawyers for what they say” 

all in all a very personable and polite guy and I will return ! 

16 minutes ago, Krieghoffoverblaser said:

I actually took a leap of faith yesterday and took part in one of his masterclasses. What a great day filled with laughter and the knowledge we received and the way it was taught was first class. This subject came up and very professionally he stated “there will be the haters side and then the truth I pay no attention to social media trolls apart from holding them accountable through lawyers for what they say” 

I’m glad that you had an enjoyable day and i’m sure that he will be glad that you return too and sing the company song so to speak.

Rarely things are binary and there will always be different sides or takes on things that happen; regrettably for all concerned there has not been any statement of factual outcome, beyond his DQ from the competition and the appeals process being concluded.

It’s the very nature of being that when there is an ambiguous outcome that there will always be doubt, it is also the nature of being that people will take a position on that doubt.  You are siding with Ben, as is your perfect entitlement, others wont.  If he chooses to describe those who doubt him as “haters” that’s his entitlement too, but it doesn’t make it true.

48 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Really?

Yes! Ever spent any time on social media? The bile spewed by the keyboard-protected is phenomenal. People are now allowed to be much meaner to each other than ever before, simply because there's little chance of them getting a smack in the gob.

Look at the referendum and the election. The way we were spoken about wouldn't have happened down the local or in a place of work. But these wazzocks get a nice safe zone, from where they can hurl abuse without fear of repercussion.

I don't really know the history and context of the BH issue, and I think "celebs" have to have thicker skin. But the base sentiment of his post rings true for me and, I dare say, millions of others.

28 minutes ago, Krieghoffoverblaser said:

The truth is??????

He's not singing his victory from the rafters despite reminding everyone he's a "multiple world champion" Plus being removed from Gamebore pro shots and Pilla Athletes (Brand ambassador) can only add to the reputational damage right??? 

Taking there time reinstating him? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

As for lawyers 😂😂😂😂😂😂 Ben's posted just as much about rival eye dom products then back tracked and deleted! Luckily we all have smart phones. Still waiting on this magical evidence the SP doesn't work! He's changed his tune too.........its now other ruptubale coaches saying it doesn't work............Still no hard evidence 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ and potentially liable right?