Am I the only one who thinks this sentence is too light?

Retsdon

56 minutes ago, henry d said:

Manslaughter typical sentence is 2-10 years, seems to be in the ballpark.

I'm  sure that you're correct. But it seems to me that there should be a very significant difference in sentencing between somebody who kills through committing a reckless action and someone like bloke whose action was deliberately injurious, even if if the outcome was more injurious than he anticipated. The first offender is basically being punished for his stupidity and lack of reasonable foresight. This bloke foresaw that he was going to hurt his victim - in fact that was his whole intent.

Sadly just another indication of the slide into mayhem, where do you go when the Judiciary is not fit for purpose due to constant political intervention on the premise that the perpetrators are in some way disadvantaged? 

Some victim support?

Out in 3 to continue his mission no doubt?

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

A slap on the wrist sentence is merely an insult to the family in my opinion.

I agree. And to society at large too. Actually, while there's loads of things that I hate about Saudi, perhaps the one good thing is that you can go out almost anywhere and at any time of the day or night and never even think about stuff like this. In 95% of places you can almost certainly leave your house and car unlocked too. And I'm sure it's because behaviour like this bloke's is not tolerated in the slightest, either by society at large or the legal system. 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

But no doubt worth the satisfaction if it were a close relative. A slap on the wrist sentence is merely an insult to the family in my opinion. 

Another blinkered Judge with limited actual  life experience, perhaps an ex military officer  would be better suited to the job.

23 hours ago, henry d said:

Yet they also show disregard for the law too

Sadly, this is the likely consequence of the law abiding being shown no regard under the law.

The consequence could be that the law abiding are enticed into criminal ways due to their position and rights under the law being constantly ignored?