Cameron - the Book Launch - Clown make-up included?

TIGHTCHOKE

So after causing the whole Brexit disaster he is publishing a book to explain it all.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/09/man-who-broke-britain

From Martin Fletcher's article;

"With impeccable timing, as Britain is convulsed by the Brexit turmoil that he triggered, David Cameron is about to emerge from three years of purdah in order to promote his long-delayed memoirs, For The Record.

To say that he will receive a hostile reception is an understatement. Much of the population consider him the most disastrous prime minister of modern times – with only his two successors coming close.

They see him as the man who ordered a referendum on a bewilderingly complex issue of profound national importance for which there was little public clamour, simply to hold his party together; who was so arrogant and complacent that he allowed the outcome to be decided by a simple majority; who led and lost a wretched campaign in favour of Remain; and who cut and run the moment he was defeated, leaving others to cope with the ensuing mayhem."

Possibly our worst Prime Minister ever, although there are plenty in the hunt for that accolade.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

a very weak person appointed to that position.............and the EU laughed and rolled him over........thats why we are in the position, that we are in now..

and now he is making the problem worse...all so he can get a good launch on his book and plenty of dosh

Obama had him figured...and his aids reported back that he was a "lightwieght"

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So after causing the whole Brexit disaster he is publishing a book to explain it all.

"With impeccable timing, as Britain is convulsed by the Brexit turmoil that he triggered, David Cameron is about to emerge from three years of purdah in order to promote his long-delayed memoirs, For The Record.

To say that he will receive a hostile reception is an understatement. Much of the population consider him the most disastrous prime minister of modern times – with only his two successors coming close.

They see him as the man who ordered a referendum on a bewilderingly complex issue of profound national importance for which there was little public clamour, simply to hold his party together; who was so arrogant and complacent that he allowed the outcome to be decided by a simple majority; who led and lost a wretched campaign in favour of Remain; and who cut and run the moment he was defeated, leaving others to cope with the ensuing mayhem."

Possibly our worst Prime Minister ever, although there are plenty in the hunt for that accolade.

hello, name me one prime minister who has not been a disaster  of modern times

21 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Gordon that’ll be, no maybe, no what about, no, yep your right all been a waste of time, money, space.

hello clive, in my life time of voting there has been Wilson/Heath/Callaghan/Thatcher/Major/Blair/ Brown/Cameron/ May/ and now Boris, i hazzard a guess Camerons book will be in a charity shop near you in 2020, and can any PW member say has any of those listed made a big difference to our country. 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

31 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello clive, in my life time of voting there has been Wilson/Heath/Callaghan/Thatcher/Major/Blair/ Brown/Cameron/ May/ and now Boris, i hazzard a guess Camerons book will be in a charity shop near you in 2020, and can any PW member say has any of those listed made a big difference to our country. 

Thatcher was hugely transformative on our country, although many will disagree with her politics.

Blair was transformative also, but in a different way and again many will disagree with his politics too.

In his own way Cameron made a big difference to our country too and not just because of the referendum.

47 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Sadly only negative effects leaving the populace worse off every time? Not talking financially here.

Constant erosion of freedoms etc. Just because they can?

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

I think if he had lived the labour leader John Smith , may have been the best labour PM in my time . It did not happen so we will never know , but he had great respect all the same . 

i have had that thought as well.........died very suddenly of a heart attack ....i was in wroxham at the time shopping...remember i was quite shocked as i was warming to him more and more and had made my desision to give him my vote.......

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Agree with all that

He would never ever make it as a poker player ( or should that be "snap" with a 5 year old )

1 hour ago, grrclark said:

Thatcher was hugely transformative on our country, although many will disagree with her politics.

Blair was transformative also, but in a different way and again many will disagree with his politics too.

In his own way Cameron made a big difference to our country too and not just because of the referendum.

Thatcher sold our utilities to her m8s, we are now paying the cost of that action for ever, in ever higher bills to foreign owners

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

i have had that thought as well.........died very suddenly of a heart attack ....i was in wroxham at the time shopping...remember i was quite shocked as i was warming to him more and more and had made my desision to give him my vote.......

Same here - and I did vote conservative- now I don’t know if I will vote outside of the local elections again. 

The Cons have taken away my choice of work and I couldn’t vote labour if my life depended on it

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

hello, yes i heard it on the news, out hiking ? my feeling was he could have been a very different labour prime minister,  

3 hours ago, Saltings said:

he brought it / the public said leave / so he left and threw may under he buss   and   has now written a book about it I doubt its worth reading  I my be wrong 

the remainer lobby have proberly bought up the film rights...........

any thoughts on the cast ?

On 14/09/2019 at 09:22, Scully said:

Cameron was and is a lot of things, but he at least had the sense to know that you can’t  legislate against nutters. 

Wait til Corbyn gets in, and some nutter goes loopy with a legally held shotgun.......bye bye guns. 🙂

how right you are bye bye guns, and its on the way.

Edited by mossy835

3 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Be able to get the book in time for xmas from poundworld for £1.99

Remainer's book to be remaindered?

Will Cameron be holding book-signing events?   I seem to remember Ted Heath signing so many of his tome that a spoof advert appeared (maybe in Private Eye?) offering "genuine un-autographed copy".