A boring Ditchy story

ditchman

now the landy has gone ...boooo-hooooo.........and the suzuki is all up to stuff (mint) 2008 52,000 miles only....ten zillion miles / gallon.............i digress...........

all the stuff has gone out of the shed...and i found my old chest that i started work on about 10 years ago...................it is not really what you think...it is not .."sort of" a campagne chest..........

BUT it was made by a company that made campagne chests for the military in the 1800's...........

my mrs ran an expensive upmarket ladies dress shop ...and when i say expensive ..i mean expensive....and the sewing room where the seamstress worked was downsized to make more space and a load of stuff was chucked out....so i nabbed this.....

the military company...mentioned earlier...were in the 1930's given a contract by a cotton copany to make chests on the same design.....except they were to keep the cost down and make them out of boxwood instead of oak or mahogany....so they could be used a seamstresses chests for the rag trade.........

so anyway i nabbed it and stripped the varnish off and the tin handles....spent weeks making the right stain...spent a bloody fortune on brass chest handles...and 14 years ago i gave up :lol:  and stuck it back in the shed to hold bloody landrover parts............

well all that stuff is past now ...so i hauled it out and have started to finish it....and im quite pleased ...it will go in my new accomadation......

campangne chest 001tn_.JPG

campangne chest 002tn_.JPG

campangne chest 003tn_.JPG

campangne chest 004tn_.JPG

campangne chest 005tn_.JPG

31 minutes ago, old'un said:

Lovely looking chest of drawers, amazing colour, bet they are worth a few bob, what are the dimensions?  

i will measure it up later

EDIT

31" high

35" long

13" deep...........

OK ?

Edited by ditchman