A boring Ditchy story

ditchman

37 minutes ago, ditchman said:

this thread could just go soooo wrong........

Your fault , once you start talking about chests and Norfolk's former beauty queen to these lot who are already slavering at the gills when the drawers were mentioned you are asking for trouble , I can see the padlock being oiled up and ready to be put on this thread :lol:

thought i would do a bit more to prevent this post going into the playpen section...........

when i bought the brass handles i put them into the oven to burn off the carp laquer......and then i cleaned them....they were rough finished as they were made in india.....i have given the 2 at the top a buff up on the machine using a rough compound as i didnt want them to look like straight out of "funiture land"..........

it was my intention to fully recess the plates into the wood flush.........but the draw fronts were too narrow and that would have meant bursting out the back which i didnt want to do..

BLO is going on well and as the air is dry ...it is hardening very quickly ...so i can build up the depth of the bloom.........

chest 2 001tn_.JPG

chest 2 002tn_.JPG

chest 2 003tn_.JPG

chest 2 004tn_.JPG

chest 2 005tn_.JPG

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You'll hurt your back bending over for the last bit!

What sort of handles were on there originally?

Jaymo will help me when i bend over:oops:

the handles that were on there originally were made out of very thin pressed steel....then covered with a black laquer and there were stickers on each draw showing what was in it..on some of the draws you can see the faint lines of where the stickers were.........