Defecting MP's

Bobba

And yet another MP defects. 

It seems to me that the Electoral Laws should be changed to require an immediate bye-election in the constituency of any defecting MP.  

Firstly, a constituency which was represented by a particular party is no longer represented by that party. Voters should therefore be given the opportunity to re-establish their position or change if they wish to do so. Secondly, if the defecting MP is of the opinion that their original party no longer represents their views then he/she should be required to stand down, put their money where their mouth is and stand for re-election on the basis of their change in views. (And be prepared to lose their job).

Just now, dead eye alan said:

You on the red again, seems you miss spelt something thire.

i made a real cock up this morning............went to do some early shopping at the spa shop ...needed a cabbage for this evening....slung in a bottle of red as i new i was runnin short...only to be told at the till "no booze until after 10"............

so i have just poilished off yeaterdays last 2 measly glasses...and im well on the way to being sober again...

(well at least i wont have to fight with the bin when i put it out....last week it fell ontop of me ...(god knows how that happened)

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

....well at least i wont have to fight with the bin when i put it out....last week it fell on top of me ...(god knows how that happened)

You sure that was the bin...and not your large lady friend?

PS

On Topic, I agree. Defect to another party should mean automatic local election.

Edited by Eyefor

57 minutes ago, Bobba said:

It seems to me that the Electoral Laws should be changed to require an immediate bye-election in the constituency of any defecting MP.  

Firstly, a constituency which was represented by a particular party is no longer represented by that party. Voters should therefore be given the opportunity to re-establish their position or change if they wish to do so. Secondly, if the defecting MP is of the opinion that their original party no longer represents their views then he/she should be required to stand down, put their money where their mouth is and stand for re-election on the basis of their change in views. (And be prepared to lose their job).

Your absolutely correct in this ,but the corrupt world of politics and politions they will no doubt find a way around this after all they lie for a living 

Defecting MP’s are willing to go against their former party, by forcing the countries electorate to re run the EU referendum, “in case we have changed our minds”...........but the same defector MP’s won’t stand for re election when they no longer represent the party the electorate voted for, “ in case the constituency Electorate have changed their minds” and do not wish them to continue as their MP!

Hit them where it hurts Stop the wage until they are re-elected.

Loyalty is a dirty word to most of these MPs and principles well they never herd of such a word. Now the concept of a  gravy train is another matter they have a fair grasp of that idea me thinks.  

Having lost the Conservative whip for behaving like a lemming he is now trying to keep his job  salary as an MP by joining the Pointless Party. He knows he will be deselected by the Conservatives so this is an act of desperation. Will the Pointless Party save his career? By defecting he has shown everybody his desperation, not his strength or his principles. He is not highly marketable is he?

Had he exercised a bit of common sense in the first place, he would have realised, you can't buck the system and survive. What has he actually achieved? Really?

Independently wealthy MPs at the end of their careers may make flamboyant (but still stupid) acts of rebellion but for the rest its suicide 

15 minutes ago, grrclark said:

It will be interesting to see if the local LibDem associations want the various defectors  to stand as their local candidates in the same ward as they currently represent.

I don't think the Lib Debs will be that impressed. Damaged goods are damaged goods, you cant reinvent a failed politician. Like trying to put old flowers in new vases.

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

i made a real cock up this morning............went to do some early shopping at the spa shop ...needed a cabbage for this evening....slung in a bottle of red as i new i was runnin short...only to be told at the till "no booze until after 10"............

so i have just poilished off yeaterdays last 2 measly glasses...and im well on the way to being sober again...

(well at least i wont have to fight with the bin when i put it out....last week it fell ontop of me ...(god knows how that happened)

When are your releasing your autobiography Ditchman it would be a serious read!

4 hours ago, Bobba said:

👍

8 hours ago, figgy said:

Have you read uncle Si's autobiography from duck commander fame. Very funny and I imagine Ditchmans would be similar uplifting humourous reading.

I imagine ditchman to be an English version of uncle Si. Carrying a thermos fill of luke warm tea and talking indecipherable Norfolk with the odd swear word thrown in when hes cross. 

2 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

I imagine ditchman to be an English version of uncle Si. Carrying a thermos fill of luke warm tea and talking indecipherable Norfolk with the odd swear word thrown in when hes cross. 

Yes sounds about right , ok so of all our PW members  would fit into other  rolls of the Duck  command family . This could be interesting .