Sub 12 or fa

ladyjack

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i had a look at that and did not think ideal, and over priced, is there nothing in your local RFDs or air rifle shops, i see Ed has some in his shop South Wales but that would mean a transfer cost, have you tried the UK airgun forum or the BBS forum, ?

CBS forum cant seem to find fac air rifles or won't let me in,will try air gun forum, don't mind rfd costs  but would like full setup ie scope moderator dive bottle, seems to much to ask,just seen a career 707 fac,one in Durham not far from me,and one in cardigan,one is £580 I think and one is £280, yet both same rifles, ??? Both on freeads.  Anyhow if I do manage to find something would be grateful for your advice if you don't mind, cheers 

Edited by ladyjack

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, ladyjack said:

CBS forum cant seem to find fac air rifles or won't let me in,will try air gun forum, don't mind rfd costs  but would like full setup ie scope moderator dive bottle, seems to much to ask,just seen a career 707 fac,one in Durham not far from me,and one in cardigan,one is £580 I think and one is £280, yet both same rifles, Both on freeads.  Anyhow if I do manage to find something would be grateful for your advice if you don't mind, cheers 

hello, you might find second hand 300 bar bottle at a dive centre near you as you need a place to get air fill anyway, one of the cheapest places for a new one is go dive scuba, sales@godive.net,  store around Derby but the 5 ltr is a good deal at £170 with free delivery, they have a range of bottles,  you can pick up a bsa super 10 £200/£300, i was looking at a BSA  R10 doing 28 ft lb, in 22 you should do 60 yard and 80 max, if the big shed roof is good steel sheet it should be ok, my friend has a super ten FAC in 22 , rabbits at 80 yards, i do not know any thing about the 707 but some on the UK forum have one, did you contact Ed on here, he has a gun shop and i would think give a good deal, the rapids from what i know are quite easy to service, but rather heavy rifles, cheers 

38 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, you might find second hand 300 bar bottle at a dive centre near you as you need a place to get air fill anyway, one of the cheapest places for a new one is go dive scuba, sales@godive.net,  store around Derby but the 5 ltr is a good deal at £170 with free delivery, they have a range of bottles,  you can pick up a bsa super 10 £200/£300, i was looking at a BSA  R10 doing 28 ft lb, in 22 you should do 60 yard and 80 max, if the big shed roof is good steel sheet it should be ok, my friend has a super ten FAC in 22 , rabbits at 80 yards, i do not know any thing about the 707 but some on the UK forum have one, did you contact Ed on here, he has a gun shop and i would think give a good deal, the rapids from what i know are quite easy to service, but rather heavy rifles, cheers 

there is a nice Rapid 7 with a HW sleeved barrel, £300, it looks very good condition, 28 ft lb, private sale,  only trouble in Suffolk  (gun trader)

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

23 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

there is a nice Rapid 7 with a HW sleeved barrel, £300, it looks very good condition, 28 ft lb, private sale,  only trouble in Suffolk  (gun trader)

I've just had a look on gun trader, there are quite a few fac rapids available from trade so you would expect some warranty, simple to rfd.

13 minutes ago, figgy said:

Ladyjack there are a few places to buy cylinders local. Dive centers for one and local RFD's there are a few close to you.

What rifles are you interested in? 

Just found dive centre 20 in from me 3ltr with hose  £179 so that's sorted,now for that elusive rifle, will  check guntrader now 

http://www.mcavoyguns.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p12284_160206_006_.22_Titan_19_FAC.html

I've just had a quick look at Mcavoys as their local to me, first page of second hand had a few fac air rifles, with this Titan at £250, peanuts really.

meant to add, I'm sure all gun shops are like this.

Edited by Mice!

On 20/09/2019 at 20:45, Mice! said:

http://www.mcavoyguns.co.uk/contents/en-uk/p12284_160206_006_.22_Titan_19_FAC.html

I've just had a quick look at Mcavoys as their local to me, first page of second hand had a few fac air rifles, with this Titan at £250, peanuts really.

meant to add, I'm sure all gun shops are like this.

Hi mice,sent McAvoy a message asked for photos of titan no reply as yet,as for gun shops near me, bagnals,they have a second hand bsa r10 FAC,£850 no scope, this is why iam asking for some advice from members on here,

On 20/09/2019 at 13:03, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i had a look at that and did not think ideal, and over priced, is there nothing in your local RFDs or air rifle shops, i see Ed has some in his shop South Wales but that would mean a transfer cost, have you tried the UK airgun forum or the BBS forum, ?

Hi I sent edd 2 emails asking what he had for sale, still no reply, 

40 minutes ago, ladyjack said:

Hi mice,sent McAvoy a message asked for photos of titan no reply as yet,as for gun shops near me, bagnals,they have a second hand bsa r10 FAC,£850 no scope, this is why iam asking for some advice from members on here,

Hi I sent edd 2 emails asking what he had for sale, still no reply, 

£850 for a second hand fac rifle seems very expensive, folk on the rapid forum have talked before about breaking rifles because you get more for the parts on eBay than you can get for the rifle.

I'll look later and see if anything's for sale.

@maxtich Hi tich, do you know of anyone selling an fac rapid?

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Ladyjack there is Weldon gunroom Bywell, Bradford Stalker. Friaridge Guns and Tackle Hartlepool. Keith Sports Saltburn. Gilsan sports. There are loads of dealers within an hour's drive.

Was in weldon on Saturday £750 for an old rifle no scope that's all he had in

4 hours ago, ladyjack said:

Just had a call of someone selling a theoben mark 11 putting out 28ftlbs,never used one of these ,anyone use this gun what they  like are they front heavy, 

We'll the lads on the Rapid forum love em, my mk1 is sub 12. Your only concern should be that people like to mess with them because there easy to work on, depends on price and condition as always, but there is little that can't be fixed if it's not right except the barrel maybe, but you can still buy another barrel.

If it's local to you go see how she handles 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

We'll the lads on the Rapid forum love em, my mk1 is sub 12. Your only concern should be that people like to mess with them because there easy to work on, depends on price and condition as always, but there is little that can't be fixed if it's not right except the barrel maybe, but you can still buy another barrel.

Okay you and oldypigeonpopper have been a great help to me, it's a theoben mrk11 28ftlbs gun scope moderator 3 ltr bottle 2 new mags £650 going 2morrow to have a look, any advice much appreciated 

Seen some nice air arm on gunstar sent emails no replies, don't know why people put ads on and then not reply,

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Oldypigoenpopper would like you're input on this if you don't mind,mice has helped me so would like you're opinion  please 

On 20/09/2019 at 16:14, oldypigeonpopper said:

Tried to find this gun,no luck not sure what to spend but willing to listen to people who know more than me,,my budget is whatever it takes to get the right rifle for what I need, ie keep farmer happy, 24 thousand acres under an hour from my house, 

I have my 22cz down to another farm for rabbits, which I also do branches every year but this farm is crow jaw magpie jackdaw woodies ,and loads of feral pigeons basically would like to keep farmer happy, so if it means spending a few guid then so be it,PS OLDYPIGEONPOPER AND MICE IF YOU WERE  CLOSER I'D GLADLY TAKE BOTH OF YOU OUT FOR A DAY THEN YOU WOULD SEE WHAT I MEAN, thanks Dave 

If budget no problem buy a FX impact MK2 with slug liner X twist barrel in .22 or .25 

Will take care of your needs, plenty of aftermarket bits and mods. Even buy a dual bottle adapter for double the air.

Look on YouTube and see what the peeps are using. I wouldn't even consider a rapid if your budget will go to a FX