******* with dog's

B725

On 25/09/2019 at 17:44, London Best said:

All I ever get from the owners is ‘don’t you kick my dog or I’ll kick you’. Unfortunately, the days of telling them that if it happens again I’ll put a bullet in it have long gone if I want to keep my gun licences.

One blokes two staffies attacked my sisters dog (a cavapoo) when we were looking after it. 

Luckily they were both on muzzles. 

I kicked the main dog so hard, similar to above I thought I had broken my foot. 

The bloke shouted at me not to kick his dog, I shouted at him “WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!!” 

Luckily he reflected for a split second and began apologising to me a lot and said fair enough. 

I was absolutely fuming and told him he should have never let them off. 

Dogs like that should be confiscated and PTS. I don’t care if it’s “not their fault” ... they’re been raised in that way and that’s now how they react. 

The owners should be banned from owning any animal. 

Imo its not the size, breed or anything to do with the dog its the owners who cause the problems with dogs. Any dog can be aggressive if it being a yorkie or a great dane.

When my staffy was a pup aprox 7 month old i taken her to a car boot sale and a little yorkie sank its teeth into her. My little girl had a scratch on her nose and didnt get hold of the yorkie as i dragged her away by the lead and the mrs got hold of her. I picked the fella up who jad the yorkie in his arms and gave him a slap and told him he has to be responsible for his dog. 5 other people came up to me and thanked me for doing tjis because his rat had done it to other dogs in the past and he still use to take it with him. 

I have a big old bull cross lurcher who never had any aggression what so ever and hid behind a tree from a pug once. But then time after time off lead dogs managed to nail him while on a lead despite me trying my hardest to boot them away. In the end one day a bulldog came out behind us and grabbed him by the face and the switch flipped. So I now  have a big fit dog that would put the boot in first because his worried about getting nailed. So thanks for that 

Edited by captainhastings

• 2 weeks later...

I piece of **** terrier attacked our pup a month ago. She's probably marked for life because of it. It was belonging to an 'angler' and attached to a 10m long line of some sort, when my wife walked on the path along the river, the piece of **** grabbed her head and wouldn't let go. My wife whacked it with her stick, poured water over it, and kicked it until it eventually let her go.

LUCKILY no damage to her eye, and she's a very very brave girl so she's still OK with other dogs, but clearly she's very very careful/timid now

Quite frankly if it had been me the dog in question would have been dunked in the middle of the river, or split in two.

jUwtqJM.jpg

4 hours ago, buze said:

I piece of **** terrier attacked our pup a month ago. She's probably marked for life because of it. It was belonging to an 'angler' and attached to a 10m long line of some sort, when my wife walked on the path along the river, the piece of **** grabbed her head and wouldn't let go. My wife whacked it with her stick, poured water over it, and kicked it until it eventually let her go.

LUCKILY no damage to her eye, and she's a very very brave girl so she's still OK with other dogs, but clearly she's very very careful/timid now

Quite frankly if it had been me the dog in question would have been dunked in the middle of the river, or split in two.

jUwtqJM.jpg

Why didn’t the angler do anything? 

I hope he paid the vets bill. 

I had a big Wire haired Pointer when my kids were young. I used to take him along a canal towpath near our house with my little boy on one of those tricycle things with the handle you can push. We'd quite often meet dogs off the lead which was frustrating to me because although they were pretty much all really friendly. I don't know that before they get to me. 

Anyway walking along one morning a Collie comes speeding towards us like a bullet owners maybe 3-400yds away shouting to try to recall the dog and my dog on the lead. I turned so that ny boy was behind me and I don't know if my dog was reading my body language or protecting my boy but as the collie met us he came down on it like a ton of bricks. Jaws across the top of the shoulders and he ragged it around like a toy. Still on the lead the owners now running to catch up. By the time they got there the collie was drawing it's last breath. 

I called the police because the scene started to turn ugly as you can imagine, luckily a couple of witnesses hung about and the policewoman that turned up was really great. They had a vet come but the collie was dead. The policewoman gave the collie owners a massive dressing down and even asked me if I wanted to take it any further, pursue them for vet bills etc. 

I declined as I thought their day was bad enough already. 

Turns out that collie was a bit of a menace and had a history of fighting dogs while out walking. Why would you continue to walk a dog like that off the lead or without a muzzle? 

I never took my dog or the boy along that path again as I was wary about how my dog would react to another dog off the lead in that situation again. Having  said that he never showed any aggression ever again after that. 

Luckily my boy was young enough that I don't think he really knew what was happening. He's never mentioned it and doesn't show any signs of being scared of dogs etc.