Flat earth society

Harnser

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Harnser said:

These people are travelling around the world trying to convince us that the world is flat and is just a big disc . They say that the edge of the world is huge Ice wall . Dear Lord .   Oops needs to go in off topic mods please .

harnser

So you say they are travelling 'around' the world.. Please tell me that is their words.... :lol:

There are enough real problems in the world without giving airtime to nutters who have nothing better to do  .

If they feel like they want to make a difference.they should start a useful business   and employ people .

That makes a real difference to the country and communities  

Edited by Ultrastu

Just now, Lord Geordie said:

I had a family friend telling me there are no such thing as clouds as they are all chemical trails since WW2, and new street lighting is killing people! 🙄

Funny how john constable painted amazing clouds in 1821 in his famous.  Hay wain picture  .82 years before the very first airplane flight by the wright bros .

The methodology is similar for all conspiracy theorists.

It starts with a person's worldview, a FE'er will look at what they can see around them; the world looks flat so it could be. Someone then says there are experiments which confirm this and they are suppressed by "....." and they seem possible. By digging further they find others that have found ancient texts to support the claim, the Bible is the usual and erroneous one, then there are more claims that "...." are behind suppressing FE claims supported by "###" add more intriguing theories and you can't find your way home from the rabbit hole.

51 minutes ago, Dougy said:

And the moons made of cheese. 

Must be something in the water your all drinking. Im just glad i dont drink the stuff. 

10 years ago it was thought that the rings of Saturn were made from jam donuts until the Hubble telescope got some close up pictures of Saturn and found out the rings were made from jammy dodgers . The text books all had to be rewritten . Perhaps we do live on a big disc and not on a big ball .

harnser

20 minutes ago, Harnser said:

10 years ago it was thought that the rings of Saturn were made from jam donuts until the Hubble telescope got some close up pictures of Saturn and found out the rings were made from jammy dodgers . The text books all had to be rewritten . Perhaps we do live on a big disc and not on a big ball .

harnser

Michael Palin  round the world in 80 days  filmed all the way  I believe  ROUND or he would have not came back 😂

2 hours ago, SpringDon said:

Clearly they don’t “believe” the earth is flat. Anyone deriding them needs to have a look at themselves.

Its just a bit of fun; try growing a sense of humour.

I thought it started out as a joke, but has been taken seriously now. It's hard to tell with the internet these days, people will argue black is white just to amuse themselves

Whilst ever stuff like that remains on the fringes, it does no harm. People believe all sorts of stuff. I've heard several people tell me that we'll have a really bad winter this year because the berries and damsons etc have been so plentiful.

All harmless stuff but what really does worry me is the way in which teachers holding creationist views are allowed to teach their kids and other's kids that evolution theory is an evil lie. Apparently this is allowed in some US schools?