Early Christmas

Blackpowder

6 hours ago, WestonSalop said:

I bought some last week. Very (too) sweet and pastry crumbles too easily. Who's do PW members reckon are best (shop bought)?

Good Housekeeping reckoned Morrisons, with M+S, then Aldi. I don't like sugar in the shortcrust pastry of a mince pie so I've never found a bought one I like. 

2 hours ago, sam triple said:

And they wander why Xmas spirit and good Will is lost ,should ban all sales until December 1st 

ps bah humbug 

If you look at the use by dates they are before 1st December. Buy now, eat now!

Try working in retail! It’s a pain to be fair, we have had Christmas confection, cards, toys, mince pies and such for weeks now, B&M have aisles of decorations etc too. We haven’t even got Halloween and bonfire night out of the way yet! Boxing Day each year we take delivery of Easter stuff! I kid you not! It’s all mad and sales focused. You would be surprised how many folk who shop are dead against how soon the Christmas goods hit the shelves. It’s not right in my book. I think Christmas stock should start around the last week of november! Fireworks 3-5th nov and 30-31st dec. and Easter eggs for no more than 2 week before Easter too! This is the consensus of MANY people who just go in wanting to do a weeks shop. Many folk find no joy in Christmas any longer after losing people close to them. It can be a painful time of year! And animals that suffer from fireworks going off months before bonfire night! We have had them going off here for over a week already!

My Scrooge hat is well and truly stuck on my head :lol: 

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:52, Lord Geordie said:

Try working in retail! It’s a pain to be fair, we have had Christmas confection, cards, toys, mince pies and such for weeks now, B&M have aisles of decorations etc too. We haven’t even got Halloween and bonfire night out of the way yet! Boxing Day each year we take delivery of Easter stuff! I kid you not! It’s all mad and sales focused. You would be surprised how many folk who shop are dead against how soon the Christmas goods hit the shelves. It’s not right in my book. I think Christmas stock should start around the last week of november! Fireworks 3-5th nov and 30-31st dec. and Easter eggs for no more than 2 week before Easter too! This is the consensus of MANY people who just go in wanting to do a weeks shop. Many folk find no joy in Christmas any longer after losing people close to them. It can be a painful time of year! And animals that suffer from fireworks going off months before bonfire night! We have had them going off here for over a week already!

My Scrooge hat is well and truly stuck on my head  

another reason as to why I wont go shopping plus the fact its womans work