Rugby World Cup 2019

chrisjpainter

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drew Italy in the sweep at work - Well that's 2 quid wasted!!

I've never known such an open tournament with no real home advantage for any of the big boys and nobody particularly on fire - Japan will be boosted by home advantage from being mediocre to probably quite good.

New Zealand, Australia, Wales, England, South Africa, France and Ireland all stand a great chance of winning.

Argentina, Italy, Scotland, Fiji and Tonga will all be fighting to make it past the pool stages.

Russia, Namibia, Uruguay and Georgia will all be happy with points on the board.

Mostly earlyish kick offs - Anyone recommend a suitable breakfast ale? Or perhaps a marmalade martini!! 

39 minutes ago, Fatcatsplat said:

I've never known such an open tournament with no real home advantage for any of the big boys and nobody particularly on fire - Japan will be boosted by home advantage from being mediocre to probably quite good.

New Zealand, Australia, Wales, England, South Africa, France and Ireland all stand a great chance of winning.

Argentina, Italy, Scotland, Fiji and Tonga will all be fighting to make it past the pool stages.

Russia, Namibia, Uruguay and Georgia will all be happy with points on the board.

Mostly earlyish kick offs - Anyone recommend a suitable breakfast ale? Or perhaps a marmalade martini!! 

I'd like to see Georgia really compete in a few games. It's becoming more and more pointless having Italy in the Six Nations, but at the same time there's no viable option as to who could take their place. But if Georgia have a good world cup, it might go some way to organising a European second tier that could feed into the Six Nations, in a one up, one down relegation system.

21 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Can't argue with any of this. 

Not an ale but I have been known to have a Guinness first thing on a sporting occasion.

21 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I'd like to see Georgia really compete in a few games. It's becoming more and more pointless having Italy in the Six Nations, but at the same time there's no viable option as to who could take their place. But if Georgia have a good world cup, it might go some way to organising a European second tier that could feed into the Six Nations, in a one up, one down relegation system.

Don't forget Italy is the rest week and trip away for some sun 😉 

22 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I played against a Georgian international prop several waist sizes and a fringe ago in Spain on a tour and they are lovely scrummagers

On 18/09/2019 at 12:43, Fatcatsplat said:

How about a banana beer, maybe count it as one of your five a day?

Pretty sure I've seen a recipe for marmalade vodka on here, maybe that would suit your martini idea?

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Didn`t see the game but well done Japan, save yourselves for another SA moment, remind me who the head coach was back then

I watched the game, it was chaotic to say the least, both teams got what they wanted from it, don't see either team getting out the group stages.

47 minutes ago, AVB said:

I am in Tokyo at the moment (have been for past 18 months). Great atmosphere. The Japanese have really taken to following the rugby. 

Very jealous.