Rugby World Cup 2019

chrisjpainter

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, henry d said:

How will both sides deal with the physical and mental side of that game? Roll on tomorrow, as I'm off to a friend's wedding and will have to record the all blacks game.

I've just set it to record, New Zealand vs South Africa could be the game of the tournament.

As for France and Argentina battering each other, its good for England 😁 

That's some defence from Tonga! Not too brutal but some flashes of brilliance, I really liked Joseph's line break, looking over his shoulders and feeding Cowan-dickie as he only had a defender running the same line but Farrell and Heinz had a defender cutting across, great vision. Not sure about Slade and Daley's miscommunication! Really enjoying the youngster Ludlam, interested in how he will fit into the squad and how he will progress over the years.

Billy bonus point as well, roll on Thursday and the USA.

Really great buzz out here at the moment. Loads, and I mean loads or Ireland fans. Great fun in the bars with plenty of banter between the English, Irish, Saffas, Kiwis and a few Fijians. The Welsh ‘fans’ definitely seem the ‘nastiest’ and have a generally anti English vibe. It’s almost bordering on being soccer like. Mind you I did get a drunken kiss off one Welshman but he had lots of stubble. 

I managed to watch a fair bit of rugby this weekend 😁 Ireland looked back on form, France looked good, England did the job, didn't loose a scrum or line out, didn't concede a try but loads of dropped ball and errors which better teams will punish.

The New Zealand South Africa game was great, I thought it was going to stay close when boom NZ scored twice, from loose ball.

loads of teams i haven't seen but the stadiums look full, great atmosphere, nothing worse than quiet games.

Best of all i working afternoons and the rugby is on in the morning's 😁 

2 hours ago, henry d said:

That's some defence from Tonga

Not often you see Vunipola get smashed in a one on one tackle!!

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 13:25, chrisjpainter said:

I'd like to see Georgia really compete in a few games. It's becoming more and more pointless having Italy in the Six Nations, but at the same time there's no viable option as to who could take their place. But if Georgia have a good world cup, it might go some way to organising a European second tier that could feed into the Six Nations, in a one up, one down relegation system.

I think you've jinxed Georgia, 29 nil at half time oops.