Rugby World Cup 2019

chrisjpainter

I've just watched the Japan game, home advantage is certainly helping them, they don't seem to tire!!

How they got the bonus point in the 84 minute I'll never know.

Scotland are definitely going to be in for a tough week, Russia shouldn't beat them but will leave them battered then it's Japan on Sunday.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Bonus point for South Africa in 20 minutes 😯 could be a long day for Canada, they should do an escape to victory at half time and go on the lash😄 

It would have been a strategically sensible move! Fastest ever hat-trick as well. Ironically they kept a lid on things better in the second half, despite having only 14. Another red card. It's a shame it's always the minor teams that get them, but a dangerous tackle is dangerous whatever country you're from. 

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

It would have been a strategically sensible move! Fastest ever hat-trick as well. Ironically they kept a lid on things better in the second half, despite having only 14. Another red card. It's a shame it's always the minor teams that get them, but a dangerous tackle is dangerous whatever country you're from. 

Wasn't even a tackle just a bad clear out, probably from frustration.

The commentator said SA made more tackles in 8 minutes of the second half than the first half.

And i really thought they were going to disallow the try for obstruction, like it mattered at that point.

So. . . ..  BIG question. . . . Can England beat NZ assuming both get to titthe final?

5 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Never saw the match but have seen the score and your comments assume it was messy!!

7 hours ago, Shearwater said:

So. . . ..  BIG question. . . . Can England beat NZ assuming both get to titthe final?

Never saw the match but have seen the score and your comments assume it was messy!!

I honestly expected SA to put a ton past Canada.

As for England v New Zealand? Long way to go but England are improving with each game, I'm hoping that better opposition will make them better.

New Zealand already look like there at their peek to me?

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

I honestly expected SA to put a ton past Canada.

As for England v New Zealand? Long way to go but England are improving with each game, I'm hoping that better opposition will make them better.

New Zealand already look like there at their peek to me?

Ditto

44 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Scotland look like they could nick it from Japan next week! If my maths is right, a simple win and Japan not getting a bonus point should do it? Some lovely tries in there

I'm just up watching a bit on plus 1, looks like Scotland have had a great day and certainly turned things around since the Ireland game.

The commentary said the other day Japan need the loosing bonus point to go through against Scotland, should be a great game.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I'm just up watching a bit on plus 1, looks like Scotland have had a great day and certainly turned things around since the Ireland game.

The commentary said the other day Japan need the loosing bonus point to go through against Scotland, should be a great game.

Assuming Scotland don't get one themselves! It has the makings of game of the tournament so far

2 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

That was interesting! The fact Fiji got the conversion points without actually taking a kick. Speeds the game up!

Is that always the case? or just a rule implemented for the World Cup?

It's all going pear shaped for the Welsh. 

Penalty try so automatic 7 points.

Have the welsh fans come out from behind the sofa now?

Some game that, I thought Fiji were going to run away with it but discipline cost them again, so many passes forward, great to watch for a non Welsh 😉

I thought the Welsh wing or number 6? Was man of the match.

England vs France is cancelled due to Typhoon. Really pee’d off as I had just bought a ticket. 

The good news is that means England top the group and get a long break before the QF but will that help? 

Also bought a ticket for the final in the hope that England make it. 

1 hour ago, AVB said:

England vs France is cancelled due to Typhoon. Really pee’d off as I had just bought a ticket. 

The good news is that means England top the group and get a long break before the QF but will that help? 

For a world cup to cancel games is nothing short of pathetic! If the Sunday games get cancelled Scotland will go home having not even played Japan! I cannot believe that the games could not be rescheduled, even if it meant in a different stadium, yes bad for the fans but at least the games would be played. Deciding that any game cancelled is a 0-0 draw is unreal and total ******** Can you imagine if they done this at the football world cup???

4 hours ago, m3vert said:

For a world cup to cancel games is nothing short of pathetic! If the Sunday games get cancelled Scotland will go home having not even played Japan! I cannot believe that the games could not be rescheduled, even if it meant in a different stadium, yes bad for the fans but at least the games would be played. Deciding that any game cancelled is a 0-0 draw is unreal and total ******** Can you imagine if they done this at the football world cup???

I read something yesterday that the Japan v Scotland game may be postponed 24hrs.

It's a typhoon not a storm and the England game not being played doesn't really matter, shame we can't spank France but hey ho.

5 hours ago, AVB said:

Ticket for the final, very nice 👍 

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

Before it goes ahead or gets cancelled, before Scotland sue World Rugby, before Hastings goes all Godzilla on what's left of Tokyo, I'm calling it:

I think Scotland will/would beat Japan. 

Lets hope the game goes ahead, I'm backing Japan, home advantage been getting better each game, Scotland should win it, but can they? 

18 hours ago, Mice! said:

I read something yesterday that the Japan v Scotland game may be postponed 24hrs.

It's a typhoon not a storm and the England game not being played doesn't really matter, shame we can't spank France but hey ho.

Ticket for the final, very nice 👍 

I hope you are right about a delay of 24hrs rather than a 0-0 draw, I really do, but I have not seen this anywhere?

My heart says that Scotland will win, and we should! However Japan have played superb in their games and will be a tough opponent, I think the fans and the World Cup deserve this game to go ahead as it will be a cracker regardless of who you are supporting. I do think that questions need to be asked why there is no plan B though? Games could and should have been rescheduled even if it meant playing elsewhere in the country, yes fans with tickets may have missed out but at least games would have been played. Both teams flying from original location to stadium "B" would be a similar disadvantage and then games would have went ahead. Italy never got the chance to show us they had it in them to beat the All Blacks and that's  a shame :-) And for the record I think England would have beaten France anyway! 

21 hours ago, Mice! said:

From what I've read, theoretically, yes it could be moved to the Monday. But the WRU is being catastrophically moronic about it. It can only moved if the decision is made early enough. But the WRU are planning for the game to go ahead, so they wont make that decision until the day of the game. By then it will be too late, so the game will have to be cancelled. They're boxing themselves into a corner through inaction. The BBC cover the situation nicely here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50003523

2 hours ago, m3vert said:

I hope you are right about a delay of 24hrs rather than a 0-0 draw, I really do, but I have not seen this anywhere?

My heart says that Scotland will win, and we should! However Japan have played superb in their games and will be a tough opponent, I think the fans and the World Cup deserve this game to go ahead as it will be a cracker regardless of who you are supporting. I do think that questions need to be asked why there is no plan B though? Games could and should have been rescheduled even if it meant playing elsewhere in the country, yes fans with tickets may have missed out but at least games would have been played. Both teams flying from original location to stadium "B" would be a similar disadvantage and then games would have went ahead. Italy never got the chance to show us they had it in them to beat the All Blacks and that's  a shame 🙂 And for the record I think England would have beaten France anyway! 

I think this is the most irrelevant game. We win and play Aus, we lose and play Wales, with the same for France. The gap between Wales and Aus is so small that there's no real advantage in playing one over the other. 

58 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

think this is the most irrelevant game. We win and play Aus, we lose and play Wales, with the same for France. The gap between Wales and Aus is so small that there's no real advantage in playing one over the other. 

Honestly I'd rather play Oz, both hard games but the English and Welsh lads play regular and know each others game.