Rugby World Cup 2019

chrisjpainter

So we have some WC quarters:
England vs Australia

New Zealand vs Ireland

Japan vs South Africa

Wales vs France

who are people's picks for the semis? I'm going England, New Zealand, South Africa and....I have no idea, because it's a daft idea to try and predict what the French will do!

Edited by chrisjpainter

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, henry d said:

He is talismanic though, too many think he can do more good than bad but his howlers and greed with the ball are awful.

And that's the problem. He dictates the play and forces the others to play in the way he wants them to. The Japan game was a classic example. If Scotland had gone through the phases, built pressure and controlled the ball, Japan would have tired quicker and given the Scots the breaks they needed. But instead, Russell wants to throw a 30yd pass, or kick through into no man's land. Hogg was livid at him by the end. 

Trying to match the Japanese for flair was never going to work and was unnecessary. They were tiring by the end, but Scotland gave themselves far too much to do. 

I hope this doesn't jinx the game for us tomorrow morning! It didn't help McGregor!

No Bundeed Aki, and I think Sexton and Murray may be in for some special attention. I hope Joe Schmidt has kept something up his sleeve and we can somehow cause an upset and topple the (Mighty All Blacks) Come on Ireland!

Edited by SuperGoose75

2 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

I hope this doesn't jinx the game for us tomorrow morning! It didn't help McGregor!

No Bundeed Aki, and I think Sexton and Murray may be in for some special attention. I hope Joe Schmidt has kept something up his sleeve and we can somehow cause an upset and topple the (Mighty All Blacks) Come on Ireland!

It's a pity Ireland and England are on the same side of the draw; that would have made a great final! Still, here's hoping it'll be the semi final instead...

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

It's a pity Ireland and England are on the same side of the draw; that would have made a great final! Still, here's hoping it'll be the semi final instead...

Yeah because that means we've beaten Australia and we're not playing New Zealand 😂😂 

3 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Yeah it is a pity! When Ireland and England compete it is usually has that added bit of intensity and a World cup final meeting between the two would have created quite a build up. Who knows what will happen and as you say it could well be ''fingers crossed'' a semi final meeting. The Irish are certainly up against it tommorrow and on form the AB's are rightly favourites. Something tells me Schmidt will have been planning this meeting for quite awhile. As long as we don't get blown away and hammered and they keep it competitive then that would be a consolation although make no bones about it! Ireland will be going in thinking they have every chance of stopping the giants of world rugby. 

PS Note- I'm only a (Bandwagon Rugby Fan) who watches the 6 Nations and big games that Ireland are involved in or other big games. However when the Anthems and the Haka takes place before kick off tomorrow the blood will be up! I'll be watching with interest on Sunday also.

Edited by SuperGoose75

1 hour ago, SuperGoose75 said:

PS Note- I'm only a (Bandwagon Rugby Fan) who watches the 6 Nations and big games that Ireland are involved in or other big games. However when the Anthems and the Haka takes place before kick off tomorrow the blood will be up! I'll be watching with interest on Sunday also.

And me, I watch the highlights program on channel 5 but club and international Rugby union is like two different games.

5 minutes ago, henry d said:

But Curry MoM, awesome game, Kerevi is a machine and it was a shame Australia couldn't release the ball to him more and Petaia will be an asset to them in the future

Yup! Chief lumberjack with able lieutenant Underhill alongside. Their chop tackles and breakdown work was exemplary. Aussies could never get quick ball. Wonderful display