Rugby World Cup 2019

chrisjpainter

1 hour ago, Grandalf said:

They made an old man very happy. 

TMO judges want to re watch the second half.   Two blatant forward passes by the AB's.

Also one of the disallowed tries beats me to say it was a forward pass.   His hand was on the ball all the time as far as I can see. 

Still, we won so it really doesn't matter.

I wondered that myself! I didn’t think the ball left the passers hand whilst being taken by the receiver....so how could it be a forward pass?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, figgy said:

That was cruel but very funny

All blacks just weren't with it, never got going like they do. Poor passing and ball handling and didn't seem to know what to do with England. Not like the All Blacks at all, well below par.

I think England did not allow the All Blacks to play their normal game. Don’t think they were below par just not let in by a way better side today. 

I haven't seen the All Blacks kick the ball so much in a long time and they didn't do it very well.  Eddie has to take a lot of credit for his game plan. Curry and Underhill were like hooligans at a gamefair , carnage merchants. Ford was nothing short of superb and Itoje.......MoTM.

Wales aren't up to this level and they were a bit fortunate to beat a very average French side in the quarter finals. I pray we'll have an all northern hemisphere final but fear the Boks will to too strong for Wales. Bring it on !           

Edited by Whitebridges

3 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

I think England did not allow the All Blacks to play their normal game. Don’t think they were below par just not let in by a way better side today. 

I think there was a bit of both.

England didn't allow NZ to play but NZ seemed to have changed their game plan so rather than their usual hard running and making breaks (from anywhere on the park!) they seemed unsettled with the little ball that they did have and kicked more than usual as well as trying to get to the wings quicker rather than creating space first.

I'm not confident that Wales can beat SA tomorrow but it wouldn't surprise me. Looking forward to a huge game which, if things go well could lead to an awsome final. 

Edd

I know the AB's are obviously kings of the World Cup, but I'm pretty proud of England's record in it. 9 world cups, 4 finals, at least 1 win and a semi. We've made as many finals as the All Blacks and have a great chance to equal SA's and Aus's haul of two wins. That's pretty good when world rugby's supposed to be Southern Hemisphere dominated.

10 minutes ago, blackbird said:

If Wales play as they did against the French SA are going to take them apart, please boys don’t leave us down, just imagine a England v Wales word cup final  🤗

Pipe dream!

Although I am very happy to be prooved wrong!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Didn't see all the game yesterday because we're on tour in Belfast, but from the start when England challenged the Haka I just thought YES we're up for this and it rattled NZ.

Todays game? Depends which Wales team turns up really, they haven't performed anything like they normally do, so today is the time to perform.

And you can't flatten Faf D, he just bounces and gets back up.