Rugby World Cup 2019

chrisjpainter

1 hour ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Well, interestingly, the statistics are against us. NZ have only been defeated in 4 WC games. I believe all were semi-finals and only one team that defeated NZ has gone on to win the WC (The bloody French at that!).

Hopefully though we will buck the trend, and please remember . . .

Yeah! As much as I loved watching Wilkinson boot that ball between the posts in 2003. I'd settle for a nice relaxed Saturday morning watching us romp to victory.

couldn't  have been the french.

• 1987 NZ won
  • 1991 Aus
  • 1995 SA 
  • 1999 Aus 
  • 2003 ENGLAAAAND!!
  • 2007 SA 
  • 2011 NZ
  • 2015 NZ

Mercifully, the french have never won it, but they've lost on three times. 1987 to NZ, 1999 to Aus and 2011 to NZ. 

Edited by chrisjpainter

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Scully said:

Am gonna miss it....first syndicate day! 😳 Shoddy planning on someones part!

I missed 2003, I was in a beaters waggon filled with Scots, I found out the result with a comment something like "those fatherless individuals have won "

Not this time,  it's a shame its it's so early, an afternoon kick off would have been a great afternoon out.

I have rearranged our syndicate day. We start with an early breakfast at 8:00 - 8:30 at the farm then into a nearby (walking distance) syndicate members house and his cinema room (converted loft) 10’ screen incredible sound beaters and guns. Once the rugby has finished we will shoot through then have a buffet that the guns have supplied once we are finished. 

should be a day to remember. 

20 minutes ago, rimfire4969 said:

Agreed.

Feeling somewhat envious of our younger son who lives and works in Singapore. He will have two days to remember. He's off to Japan for the weekend with tickets for both games !!

1 hour ago, rimfire4969 said:

I have rearranged our syndicate day. We start with an early breakfast at 8:00 - 8:30 at the farm then into a nearby (walking distance) syndicate members house and his cinema room (converted loft) 10’ screen incredible sound beaters and guns. Once the rugby has finished we will shoot through then have a buffet that the guns have supplied once we are finished. 

As long as we win!

5 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

Struggling to think how life could possibly be any better than your arrangements for Saturday. Enjoy!!

3 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Why mercifully? Down the years the French have had some cracking teams that have been a pleasure to watch.

They may have gone down the wrong path in recent years by trying to mimic other teams style of play but before that, they were always a joy to watch, never predictable and highly skilled. 

55 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Because their French,  and we're English 🤗

You sound like my late uncle.  It was his firm belief that, 'The w*gs start at Calais!' and he'd say as much to anyone at all. If he were alive today he'd have probably got himself locked up by this time.

He had heart of gold underneath it all though.

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

You sound like my late uncle.  It was his firm belief that, 'The w*gs start at Calais!' and he'd say as much to anyone at all. If he were alive today he'd have probably got himself locked up by this time.

He had heart of gold underneath it all though.

We were on Jersey last week, and listening to the old boy needle a French bloke was brilliant,  all done in jest while he fired his musket and cannon, make em av it 🤣🤣

If you want to do yourself a head injury, the BBC have a quiz thing where you can select your best XV from the 2003 and the 2019 England teams. Usually these things are pretty easy, but this is next to impossible! Billy Vs Dallaglio? Who goes in the front row? and as for the centres, that's some serious talent listed there! The only easy one for me was Josh Lewsey in at 15...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50219434

On 30/10/2019 at 13:27, henry d said:

A wee tangent; did anyone see the programme last night RWC greatest tries just before rugby x? I had never seen the USA wing Ngwenya skin Habana before but it was absolutely magic.

3 minutes into this video

Impressive speedster isn’t he.

l can remember him blasting past Shane Williams down in Swansea many years ago.