Rugby World Cup 2019

chrisjpainter

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rapid rich said:

Yes Kyle Sinckler off early,  but Dan Cole not exactly a green horn....it wasn't Sinckler going off that lost England the game..they just didn't get firing, SA had an answer for everything. Great game to watch .

A strange tournament with a lot of twists this time.

Rich

But it was Dan Cole side of crum that was giving away penalties 

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

But it was Dan Cole side of crum that was giving away penalties 

As well as the whole scrum going backwards, the mauls being driven back, the rucks being cleared out, the lineout being untidy, the passes going to ground, the kicks from hand going straight out or to nowhere dangerous, the half backs being tackled with the ball, the knock ons,.......

Yep! Definitely lost because Sinckler went off.

SA were better in every department. Trying to blame it on 1 injury is rubbish.

Dallaglio said as Sinckler went off "what a great replacement. Dan Cole is world class and there was nothing to choose between then to see who would start this game. This won't be a problem"

No excuses needed, SA were better (much better)

Edd

57 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

As well as the whole scrum going backwards, the mauls being driven back, the rucks being cleared out, the lineout being untidy, the passes going to ground, the kicks from hand going straight out or to nowhere dangerous, the half backs being tackled with the ball, the knock ons,.......

Dallaglio said as Sinckler went off "what a great replacement. Dan Cole is world class and there was nothing to choose between then to see who would start this game. This won't be a problem"

Edd

Pretty much this......

1 hour ago, eddoakley said:

Edd

Very true there was a big difference between the best team in the world and second best 

2 hours ago, eddoakley said:

Edd

Exactly....and I was glad to hear Eddie Jones rubbish the rumours of England being late by 20mins to the venue as an excuse for losing 😂

Thanks Rich

11 hours ago, eddoakley said:

Edd

nobody said they lost because of sinkler but the scrum did go backwards because of Dan cole it is only Dallaglio opinion he was as equal in the scrum when i phoned my my mates who runs a rugby club in Doncaster the whole club said Dan Cole was the problem at scrum time 

Edited by Rim Fire

On 02/11/2019 at 11:20, walshie said:

Cue the Welsh who've been notably absent popping their heads up now.  Note: A silver medal is better than no medal. 

Seems the English players didn't have the same attitude,going by an article I read,  when it comes to their runners up medals,by refusing to wear them! 

I thought the ''Rugby boys''set the bar higher than that when it comes to sportsmanship as it is often noted as the supposed lesser sports and fans are often ridiculed.🙄

2 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

Seems the English players didn't have the same attitude,going by an article I read,  when it comes to their runners up medals,by refusing to wear them! 

I thought the ''Rugby boys''set the bar higher than that when it comes to sportsmanship as it is often noted as the supposed lesser sports and fans are often ridiculed.🙄

I myself didn't see the end of game but today i was told  some players wouldn't shake the refs hand  after the game  even the great all blacks accepted there   medals 

outh Africa were better in every department and were so quick off the mark, it was great rugby to watch.

I am as patriotic as the next Englishman (if not more than most), but I was rather irritated with all the pre match jingoism in the papers and among the "pundits", all assuming England were definitely going to win.
There were even discussions as to which honours they should get at the Palace and estimates as to how much the future sponsorship deals would be worth.
I am surprised the team even  turned up with their boots, as that was even considered not essential for the assured victory.

If I was a Springbok all that clap trap would certaionly have had me very fired up.

Edited by Cranfield

16 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

I myself didn't see the end of game but today i was told  some players wouldn't shake the refs hand  after the game  even the great all blacks accepted there   medals 

Sorry that is rubbish. I was there. The players shook hands with the ref and all the Saffa players. They accepted their medals but some didn’t want to wear them. Having been there myself (getting a losers medal albeit not in a RWC final) I know how they feel. They didn’t want them as they came to win. I didn’t wear mine but put it straight in a drawer to where it sits today. 

3 hours ago, AVB said:

Sorry that is rubbish. I was there. The players shook hands with the ref and all the Saffa players. They accepted their medals but some didn’t want to wear them. Having been there myself (getting a losers medal albeit not in a RWC final) I know how they feel. They didn’t want them as they came to win. I didn’t wear mine but put it straight in a drawer to where it sits today. 

Sorry i dont accept that if you win a medal no matter what colour it is you dont dissrespect it on the day as you say if you want to hide in a draw afterwards thats upto you i also have medals not as high profile as the RWC but i was proud to be in the final win or lose but i didnt spit my dummy out for all the world to see

3 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Sorry i dont accept that if you win a medal no matter what colour it is you dont dissrespect it on the day as you say if you want to hide in a draw afterwards thats upto you i also have medals not as high profile as the RWC but i was proud to be in the final win or lose but i didnt spit my dummy out for all the world to see

I've seen lads throw silver medals away before,  New Zealand won their bronze, we lost but got silver.  It doesn't look good but the England team expected to win and didn't perform so they would hardly but pleased with the medal, I'd have been disappointed if they all looked happy with their medals. 

I'm planning on watching the game again at the weekend. 

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

I've seen lads throw silver medals away before,  New Zealand won their bronze, we lost but got silver.  It doesn't look good but the England team expected to win and didn't perform so they would hardly but pleased with the medal, I'd have been disappointed if they all looked happy with their medals. 

I'm planning on watching the game again at the weekend. 

Looking happy and not accepting the medal you have is two different things it  is being disrespectful to the game to show off like they did