Rugby World Cup 2019

chrisjpainter

15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes much better team.

Care to elaborate?

Today I couldn't see any differences which would mean one team was much better than the other.

Recent performances have not been great from either but nobody remembers performances, they remember results and today it went the way of SA.

If Wales had managed a score at around 70minutes when they were pressurising the boks line would that have meant they deserved the win?

For me it would. 

Would it mean they were much better?

Not for me. They were both very poor.

Edd

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from there being too many mistakes in the course of the game, a team can only play as well as the other team lets them.....I think today, the two teams negated one another.......rather than one side being “better” than the other!....it was throughout, anybody’s game!.....but apart from the last 20mins, I agree.......it was not very entertaining!

But I would not write the Springboks off just yet! Using similar tactics........They could stifle the game and stop England playing?

1 hour ago, eddoakley said:

Much better team?

All square with 5 minutes to go.

1 try apiece, 3 kicks, errors galore.

Wales with 15 wins in the last 16 games, not sure SA were "much better". Both were very poor and 1 penalty was enough to get the result.

No sour grapes or excuses but Wales were right in it until the last few minutes, that's why I'm gutted.

Edd

Agreed. Neither side were better. They were both pretty poor today and I hope SA keep up that class of play until next week at least.

Not sure Wales have won 15 times in the last 16 games though. :hmm:

Edited by walshie

Just now, walshie said:

Agreed. Neither side were better. They were both pretty poor today and I hope SA keep up that class of play until next week at least.

Not sure Wales have won 15 times in the last 16 games though. :hmm:

I think I'd replace "pretty" with "very"!!

Shocking skill levels from both sides with a slight improvement in the last 20. Not sure the Boks will play that badly again next week, although i dont think they have been particulary good in their other games either.

Not sure if England will perform as well as they did against the blacks either. Very different opposition next week. I don't fancy Wales' chance against an AB side with something to prove!!

Would need to check the 15/16 but it's not far wrong. I believe it was 13 in a row before the warm ups (hence the number 1 world ranking for a week or 2) and then we lost during the warm ups but we won all of our group games plus the quarter so somewhere near the 15/16 before today.

I'm sure someone will have the exact details?

Edd

9 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

I think I'd replace "pretty" with "very"!!

Shocking skill levels from both sides with a slight improvement in the last 20. Not sure the Boks will play that badly again next week, although i dont think they have been particulary good in their other games either.

Not sure if England will perform as well as they did against the blacks either. Very different opposition next week. I don't fancy Wales' chance against an AB side with something to prove!!

Would need to check the 15/16 but it's not far wrong. I believe it was 13 in a row before the warm ups (hence the number 1 world ranking for a week or 2) and then we lost during the warm ups but we won all of our group games plus the quarter so somewhere near the 15/16 before today.

I'm sure someone will have the exact details?

Edd

I wasn't nit-picking. I just wondered as Wales have lost to SA, Ireland twice, and England this year. 

I've just finished watching the game, can't believe Youngs try was disallowed??

But what a game, I thought Underhill was outstanding, but then pretty much everyone was, Sinclair shipping the ball on with soft hands instead of just battering it in, very clever.

They never stopped, constant work throughout.

Owen Farrell has been fantastic as Captain, hasn't lost his head and lead the team perfectly.

One game to go, such a shame that that wasn't the final.

13 minutes ago, JDog said:

Let us not devalue the final just because the All Blacks are not in it. We stand a good chance of winning the Rugby World Cup 2019. We should rejoice in that.

Nothing to do with NZ not being in it, it was just such a good game, compare it with the bore fest that Wales South Africa was and it's a real shame that wasn't the final.

24 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Nothing to do with NZ not being in it, it was just such a good game, compare it with the bore fest that Wales South Africa was and it's a real shame that wasn't the final.

Well we don't know what the final will be like. It may be even better. You are prejudging the issue.

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Well we don't know what the final will be like. It may be even better. You are prejudging the issue.

Quite. And if SA play like that against us, we'll dominate them, and I'm quite happy to watch England rack up a 20+ point win in the final! Then I can really enjoy it, rather than just feeling sick for the whole match!

I've read the last 2 pages and some great comments and we all have watched closely it seems. . . . For me I think we have conquered the world beating NZ in such a way, I also recon we all have our favourite players and for me our team is not full of mine BUT I have to say as a unit they are incredible this includes the off-field parts too.

The semis were 2 fold, 1 game was 2 attacking teams and the other 2 defensive, however, we now have 1 of each and have been thinking about it since Sunday and Eddie is no fool and knows the score but I recon we can't beat them in line-outs and rucks but recon our backs can break through assuming one thing. . . .Youngs/Beanzy, Owen and Ford outsmart them!

Anyhow that's my input and can't wait to see us win

9 hours ago, AVB said:

flying to Tokyo today for final stint out there. 

England shirt - check

cup final ticket - check

i am soooo excited I think I will burst. 

077EF471-0FEE-4C2E-A678-8CCF3633738E.jpeg

Just read that you won’t be alone, Prince Harry is flying in to attend the Rugby World Cup final in Japan....can’t wait for him to lecture us all on our responsibilities towards our carbon footprint, global warming and climate change! :whistling:

13 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Just read that you won’t be alone, Prince Harry is flying in to attend the Rugby World Cup final in Japan....can’t wait for him to lecture us all on our responsibilities towards our carbon footprint, global warming and climate change! 

I once liked Harry, I now feel he is become something of a 'narse'.

Perhaps the thumb print is beginning to tell?

On 28/10/2019 at 11:44, JDog said:

Let us not devalue the final just because the All Blacks are not in it. We stand a good chance of winning the Rugby World Cup 2019. We should rejoice in that.

Well, interestingly, the statistics are against us. NZ have only been defeated in 4 WC games. I believe all were semi-finals and only one team that defeated NZ has gone on to win the WC (The bloody French at that!).

Hopefully though we will buck the trend, and please remember . . .

On 28/10/2019 at 14:13, chrisjpainter said:

Quite. And if SA play like that against us, we'll dominate them, and I'm quite happy to watch England rack up a 20+ point win in the final! Then I can really enjoy it, rather than just feeling sick for the whole match!

Yeah! As much as I loved watching Wilkinson boot that ball between the posts in 2003. I'd settle for a nice relaxed Saturday morning watching us romp to victory.