Prescription Sun Shooting Glasses

wymberley

https://www.rapideyewear.co.uk/en/shooting-sunglasses/402-prescription-shooting-glasses-uk-online.html

These really aren't my thing but as anyone taking Azathiorpine - I start tomorrow - will confirm, I have little choice. Does anyone  know anything about these or any possible - not too pricey - alternatives. I suspect, as ever, I'm going to learn by my mistakes, but this set-up allows me to keep at least one lens prepped for my left eye blocking patch. These, or similar along with sun block now looks like probably being a permanent fixture when outdoors.

Cheers.

16 hours ago, wymberley said:

https://www.rapideyewear.co.uk/en/shooting-sunglasses/402-prescription-shooting-glasses-uk-online.html

These really aren't my thing but as anyone taking Azathiorpine - I start tomorrow - will confirm, I have little choice. Does anyone  know anything about these or any possible - not too pricey - alternatives. I suspect, as ever, I'm going to learn by my mistakes, but this set-up allows me to keep at least one lens prepped for my left eye blocking patch. These, or similar along with sun block now looks like probably being a permanent fixture when outdoors.

Cheers.

I have no alternative sadly but I bought the Rapid eyewear ones and they are terrible.

They are too narrow so I end up looking into the frames. I ordered and paid for additional lenses which never came. I emailed them and didn't even get a reply.

I have NEVER been able to wear them for shooting or any other purpose. 

Please don't encourage them by sending your hard-earned cash. Save a bit longer and get a proper pair.

Cheers, both.

Had a feeling that might be the case, Al - seemed too cheap. Plan B is a chat to Specsavers. I use their snooker glasses for shooting. Ideal for me, so am going to see if they can do a prescription sun glass version. There's bound to be an offer on - get one pair and get another blah, blah blah. I can keep my existing pair for indoors and get two more pairs, one for every day outdoors and one for shooting (patch) both sunglasses. Probably work out quite economic even with bi-focal lenses.

If you would like some help to buy the right pair I suggest you get in touch with Ed Lyons (https://www.ed-lyons.com/) He is super kind and helpful, sources my shooting specs for me from looking at my prescription after I see a good local optometrist. I have Ranger Sporters. Hardly stylish for a woman, but they are big, and the clip on polarised filter is amazing. Probably not going to be £50 though.

If you need something quickly you could clip on a filter over your usual safety specs. 

Bad luck on the Azathioprine.

2 hours ago, ehb102 said:

If you would like some help to buy the right pair I suggest you get in touch with Ed Lyons (https://www.ed-lyons.com/) He is super kind and helpful, sources my shooting specs for me from looking at my prescription after I see a good local optometrist. I have Ranger Sporters. Hardly stylish for a woman, but they are big, and the clip on polarised filter is amazing. Probably not going to be £50 though.

If you need something quickly you could clip on a filter over your usual safety specs. 

Bad luck on the Azathioprine.

Many thanks. I've heard that name mentioned elsewhere. Yep, I've got some clip on lenses as a temporary measure. Specsavers can do quality polaroid sun lenses in their snooker glasses and as I already use these with clear lenses, I think I'll go with them as my starter for ten and see how I get on. Handy for the fishing too!

Yep again, the Azath' is now my third - and counting -  attempt to treat my arthritis. If it works, I can put up with the dashed sun cream, the spec's and 'at aren't a problem

Needing prescription lenses I got some like these chiefly for cycling, and an optician glazed the insert to my prescription. Very useful to have the different lenses and the price is far from extortionate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockBros-Cycling-Polarized-Glasses-Ride-Outdoor-Sunglasses-Goggles-5-Lenses-UK/351757627398?hash=item51e6637006:m:mPyHTtxkdYbz9sXAlMLjYUg

I use them for a lot of things now, including clay shooting.

Edited by arjimlad
update link

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone any experience with using the prescription inserts for shooting glasses?

I have just been told I need glasses and so bought some Jack Pyke Pro Sport shooting glasses as they come with a prescription insert.

Been to Specsavers and they have informed me that due to the curve on the glasses it will be like looking through a goldfish bowl!

Are they right? Has anyone any experience of this sort of thing?

17 hours ago, Harry136 said:

Has anyone any experience with using the prescription inserts for shooting glasses?

I have just been told I need glasses and so bought some Jack Pyke Pro Sport shooting glasses as they come with a prescription insert.

Been to Specsavers and they have informed me that due to the curve on the glasses it will be like looking through a goldfish bowl!

Are they right? Has anyone any experience of this sort of thing?

I tried inserts with the Pilla’s I had & they didn’t work for me at all. With inserts you effectively have 4 sides of the lenses to look through that can & do cause diffractions. I now use Decot Hi-Wyd Hi-Low with a few different coloured interchangeable lenses much easier 👍