Jacko3275

But if the production line is in place already which I guess it is there is less material for each  cart  and at another guess the production line as already paid for its self in the first year  so again why 

man power per cart sold maybe but that’s still excessive 

Edited by Jacko3275

14 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

But if the production line is in place already which I guess it is there is less material for each  cart  and at another guess the production line as already paid for its self in the first year  so again why 

man power per cart sold maybe but that’s still excessive 

££££££££££££££ is the short answer 

I shopped around and found a Mec Junior but had to have the dies shipped from the States. You then need a set of scales and a few other bits and pieces, so yes the original layout is not cheap, after that it is just powder, wads and shot.  I'm lucky ..retired, so on wet days I load. I shoot almost exclusively 410 year round now including 20 or ore driven days. Don't know how many I actually use probably six or seven hundred a year maybe more.  I occasionally buy a slab of Fiocci or Hull High Pheasant purely for the cases but I have friends who also kindly drop some once fired cases off for me.

I admit I get a lot of satisfaction in shooting my own reloads as well.   How many are you likely to get through in a year?

John at Folkestone Enginnering has some good loads listed and can supply wads, shot and primers.

57 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I shopped around and found a Mec Junior but had to have the dies shipped from the States. You then need a set of scales and a few other bits and pieces, so yes the original layout is not cheap, after that it is just powder, wads and shot.  I'm lucky ..retired, so on wet days I load. I shoot almost exclusively 410 year round now including 20 or ore driven days. Don't know how many I actually use probably six or seven hundred a year maybe more.  I occasionally buy a slab of Fiocci or Hull High Pheasant purely for the cases but I have friends who also kindly drop some once fired cases off for me.

I admit I get a lot of satisfaction in shooting my own reloads as well.   How many are you likely to get through in a year?

John at Folkestone Enginnering has some good loads listed and can supply wads, shot and primers.

Don’t really know yet but not  many at 78£ a slab   

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:11, London Best said:

Because fourten cartridges only make up about 6% of sales.

I suspect the same was true when I last used a .410 about sixty years ago, but in those days Eley .410 cartridges cost less than 12g.

Parker Hale 1958 catalogue prices   (converted to decimal currency, for the benefit of youthful PW members):

12g Grand Prix (1-1/16oz)   £2.85 / 100

.410 Fourlong  (7/16oz)      £2.32 / 100

.410 Fourten  (5/16oz)        £2.19 / 100

Jacko your much better off learning to reload for .410 if you plan on using it a lot. If your only shooting a slab or two a year, no point as set up costs and time are not worth it. Same with 28 bore when I looked I to it. I'd save 30 to 40 pounds a year by loading my own. 

Only really bought it for our lass to build some confidence in shooting as the 12b kind of scares her also I can use it at work for rats and ferrals and was thinking if I put an hushpower on it I can use on fields where there is cattle etc near by.. so I doubt I’ll put more than two slabs a year through it

8 hours ago, figgy said:

Jacko your much better off learning to reload for .410 if you plan on using it a lot. If your only shooting a slab or two a year, no point as set up costs and time are not worth it. Same with 28 bore when I looked I to it. I'd save 30 to 40 pounds a year by loading my own. 

Edited by Jacko3275