Dragged off to Norfolk

deny essex

Being dragged off to Yarmouth at the weekend with the mrs and my older sister for a break, think I'm gonna need  one after.

Help to point me to some bolt holes please guys so I can leave them to it with the car if need be and the inevitable  shopping and the if,  but, when and how female gossip.

Pubs not me I dont drink but who know's after a few hours with old women !

Edited by deny essex
addition

1 hour ago, deny essex said:

Being dragged off to Yarmouth at the weekend with the mrs and my older sister for a break, think I'm gonna need  one after.

Help to point me to some bolt holes please guys so I can leave them to it with the car if need be and the inevitable  shopping and the if,  but, when and how female gossip.

You have picked a good weekend both with the weather and places to go to , this weekend is another one of those heritage weekends where you get free entry to a number of museums and interesting buildings .

One place worth a visit is the Time And Tide museum which is in Yarmouth , plus one or two museums along the South Quay, and it's free entry to look around the Lidia Eva also on the South quay which is one of the last Herring drifters to sail out of Yarmouth .

Another museum that is well worth a visit is the Broads Museum at Stalham , again a free entry weekend , we went last Sunday and had a very good day out , it is normally £5.50 each to get in , plenty to see and you can have a trip in there electric boat down to Barton Broad , well worth thinking about.

If you like wildlife ( not the type ditchman refer to ) then leave your car on Asta car park and take a walk under the new bridge for a walk around the estuary walk , it goes on for five miles , but it up to you how far to walk and how long you have got on the car park .

Back to Yarmouth , park down the sea front and walk through the recently opened Water Ways , this cost £3.3 million to bring it back to how it was in the early 1900s , and again well worth a visit for the whole family , and again that magic word , or words Free Entry .

Hope you enjoy your visit and if you need any more information by all means get in touch .

P S ..... Forgot to say , give the town itself a miss , very few shops left open and not worth wasting what little time you have .

All the best     MM

On 18/09/2019 at 08:00, deny essex said:

How did your weekend turn out deny ?