What wood

Jacko3275

5 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Yep 

hello, go to home base and buy 2 green garden poles, plastic covered steel with point, about 5/8th inch, i use 2 x 5 ft, cut a bit off an old bike inner tube and wrap around 6/8 inches down from top. you can use foam tube for yoke, but i have a leather one made by Mel Bs wife Lin off here, give Mel a PM  

Yes, the garden canes work fine put rubber rings about every foot down them and this does help stop them  TINKING against each other, which wood tends not to do.  Personally I shoot of just one stick and have a few, hazel, blackthorn, ash even one cut from a lawsonia and this works fine and is very light to carry.  To shoot off one then you need to shoot without hesitation and not hover ...but there again hovering is bad anyway.  I'm an old fashioned old foggie and like wood over man made but horses for courses PLUS a hazel cut from the hedge row has no cost involved.  If you have not shot off a stick before then practise.

Edited by Walker570

I was thinking the ones more like a catapult with a long handle  it’s basically gonna be a bag and coat stand when I go on this game shoot

13 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, the garden canes work fine put rubber rings about every foot down them and this does help stop them  TINKING against each other, which wood tends not to do.  Personally I shoot of just one stick and have a few, hazel, blackthorn, ash even one cut from a lawsonia and this works fine and is very light to carry.  To shoot off one then you need to shoot without hesitation and not hover ...but there again hovering is bad anyway.  I'm an old fashioned old foggie and like wood over man made but horses for courses PLUS a hazel cut from the hedge row has no cost involved.  If you have not shot off a stick before then practise.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, go to home base and buy 2 green garden poles, plastic covered steel with point, about 5/8th inch, i use 2 x 5 ft, cut a bit off an old bike inner tube and wrap around 6/8 inches down from top. you can use foam tube for yoke, but i have a leather one made by Mel Bs wife Lin off here, give Mel a PM