1 for 1 variation?

wildfowler.250

32 minutes ago, wildfowler.250 said:

Are these still free? Had a look on the government website and a variation is down as £20?

Im keen to swap a .243 slot for a 6.5 CM. Back of my head says a 6.5x55 will be very similar. I’ll probably go for the creed but can I request a “6.5mm bolt action” and that gives some flexibility?

Thanks!

I don't believe they will give you one on that condition. People would end up with .338lap mag when it was meant for.338 federal. 

Edited by Cawdor118
spelling

141 is total number of slots. I sold a .22RF target pistol and had a .44 rifle put down as 141, which was free. You don't need to state action type just rifle. Prior to the sale and 141 I had recently renewed and added 3x CF slots at that point, .223, .308 and 6.5. The latter doesn't specify chambering since I wanted to leave options open but will probably go 6.5CM for long range. 

I'd figured that I'd see what came along first between .308 and 6.5 as my main stalking rifle and it just so happened that a .308 Mauser M12 literally fell into my lap first.

I feel this is kind of a postcode lottery question in essence. What you are asking for is a 141 variation and will be free. The one stumbling block is (certainly in our county) that unless it’s for target only (and I have even heard of specific requirements off that recently) then you will need to specify which exact caliber as it may need to be cleared on specific permissions. 

I.e. you cannot just ask for .22rf and get a .22WMR. If you want 6.5CM BA then ask for it. Saves lots of silly phone calls and them thinking you are trying to get one over on them.