Dog mistaken as fox

ShootingEgg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs and foxes have different gaits, etc this dog has spaniel ears, light colouring etc, this was not an accident as such but either on purpose or at best incompetence......

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/devastation-pet-dog-shot-dead-3337388

It appears the Shooter has not yet been identified and has not come forward but had to be gotten later.

Whilst not a defence, it also appears dog was not under control on bridal path but in bushes adjacent.

No doubt loss of guns but also charges likely to be inclusive of discharging gun near footpath, reckless endangerment etc. as well as being sueable in civil courts.

Edited by Stonepark

19 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Seen it done, sand covered white terrier was shot as it ran along a ditch bottom after bolting a fox. 

With a shotgun? 

I was recently shocked to read several members on this very site say how they would happily shoot game on the run with their dogs in hot pursuit. 

As you have shown, it’s a disaster waiting to happen. 

and.....it tars us all with the same brush, remember that.  I have been at this game for many many years and some comments on here make me shudder. Identify your target and ANY doubt do not shoot.  Do not shoot unless the shot is 100% safe as well.  I was with a young man who had done the DSC1 and 2 and was appauled at his gun handling and two shots that he took and I am sure he isn't the only one.  Hope they find this idiot soon and IF he does hold an SC then he should be baned for life, no ifs no buts. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

and.....it tars us all with the same brush, remember that.  I have been at this game for many many years and some comments on here make me shudder. Identify your target and ANY doubt do not shoot.  Do not shoot unless the shot is 100% safe as well.  I was with a young man who had done the DSC1 and 2 and was appauled at his gun handling and two shots that he took and I am sure he isn't the only one.  Hope they find this idiot soon and IF he does hold an SC then he should be baned for life, no ifs no buts. 

Well said that man.

No excuse whatsoever for this disgraceful act. Sheer stupidity.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I agree with with Walker .He should never be permitted to own or use a gun again.Last time I wasn’t out lamping rabbits saw one 50 yards away.saw its eyes didn’t look right .I made a little noise .It didn’t hop it glided .It was a cat no I didn’t shoot.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Too many people seem to think the young shooter was at fault and may lose his ticket!

Well I would say he is solely responsible for his actions and depending upon the outcome of the investigation he may lose his ticket.

What do you mean by too many people? and do you think otherwise then?

2 hours ago, kennett said:

Well he was.....he shot a dog, which looked nothing like a fox.

Agreed..

None of us were there, none of us know the circumstances of the shooting, too many people are jumping up to say he is at fault before any investigation has even been started, let alone a conclusion reached.

I was not there, I do not know what happened and I am unable to condem becauase I know too little.

But you all carry on demonising the shooter with the sparse details that have come to light, I will wait until we know more details.