Flighting ducks inland

captainhastings

This the first year I have ever tried for a goose and after spending some time and very early morning have managed to bag a few on the stubbles.
But now the places where they were have gone dead with not a goose in site or to be heard.
But one morning after setting up in the dark 4 ducks flew over the hide only a few feet up. The guns were unloaded at the time but it was a beautiful site.I think they were heading from the coast to a small pond inland. Not sure if it was a one off or not. But its got me wanting to try for a duck now. Wildfowling down on the coast is a no no as I don't have a dog. But I am wondering if I could have possibly stumbled onto a duck flight path. I am also think is it worth trying along small streams at the crack of dawn as I have a perm that has a stream on it.
In the mean time I am also hoping the geese return as exciting is not the word. Half the fun was calling them in. Setting up on a good vantage point and seeing them miles away and swinging them towards us was quite some thing