Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wonkyshot

Decisions decisions!!

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I’m trying to do the conversion in my head to USD but 15 sounds really high for 50 clays.   Do you have park land that you can set a thrower up on? 

A box of standard clays is around £14/15 per, 150 from my local rfd, I'm lucky enough to have a clay trap in the garden. 

The two closest clay grounds to me charge 30p + per clay, a little bit less if your a member. 

As Pigeon Shredder said, the use of parks and other open spaces isn't for the law abiding, especially if you have a gun 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

A box of standard clays is around £14/15 per, 150 from my local rfd, I'm lucky enough to have a clay trap in the garden. 

The two closest clay grounds to me charge 30p + per clay, a little bit less if your a member. 

As Pigeon Shredder said, the use of parks and other open spaces isn't for the law abiding, especially if you have a gun 😂

I converted 15 to usd and now understand why you guys shoot so many birds.  At that price I’d dig clay out of the riverbank and pat out my own.  😂 

48 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Err no, that would  be highly illegal.

Our parks can only be used for the encampment of caravans, 4 x 4 trucks, refuse collections and ponies, all with the best wishes of our local council’s.

That sucks.  I figured you guys have like a million square miles of vacant land in Scotland. That would make so pretty awesome parkland for sportsmanship. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I converted 15 to usd and now understand why you guys shoot so many birds.  At that price I’d dig clay out of the riverbank and pat out my own.  😂 

That sucks.  I figured you guys have like a million square miles of vacant land in Scotland. That would make so pretty awesome parkland for sportsmanship. 

Lol yeah it's not the cheapest day out, if I take the missus, by the time you've added fuel and carts a mornings sporting has cost over £100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Lol yeah it's not the cheapest day out, if I take the missus, by the time you've added fuel and carts a mornings sporting has cost over £100.

I guess as long as you don’t do it every weekend it wouldn’t be to bad.  I have spent more on dumber stuff.  If I go to the clay field near the house it’s $3.75 USD for  for a round skeet (25 clays).  We have a new fancy place about a hour away and they have a deal that is 100 clays and lunch at the club house for $50.  I have not been to that one but lots of people say it’s really upscale. But I buy the champion brand clays( bottom quality) for $5.99 for 90 and we throw them behind the house.  You don’t get that club house feel and we don’t have anyone serving us drinks but we can shoot all day for what it would cost for a few rounds at the fancy place.  I might try the fancy place one day but they would probably laugh at me in my blue jeans and my cheapo shotgun.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I guess as long as you don’t do it every weekend it wouldn’t be to bad.  I have spent more on dumber stuff.  If I go to the clay field near the house it’s $3.75 USD for  for a round skeet (25 clays).  We have a new fancy place about a hour away and they have a deal that is 100 clays and lunch at the club house for $50.  I have not been to that one but lots of people say it’s really upscale. But I buy the champion brand clays( bottom quality) for $5.99 for 90 and we throw them behind the house.  You don’t get that club house feel and we don’t have anyone serving us drinks but we can shoot all day for what it would cost for a few rounds at the fancy place.  I might try the fancy place one day but they would probably laugh at me in my blue jeans and my cheapo shotgun.  

Yeah I couldn't stretch to it every month but I do try to go every other if I can. That fancy place sounds like it's worth a visit, it is nice doing them in the garden except I've only got a single trap so have to be a bit patient between shots 😂

I wouldn't worry about what your wearing, plenty turn up to high lodge in matching caps a skeet vests and miss just as many as me in shorts, t shirt and a pair of boots 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Yeah I couldn't stretch to it every month but I do try to go every other if I can. That fancy place sounds like it's worth a visit, it is nice doing them in the garden except I've only got a single trap so have to be a bit patient between shots 😂

I wouldn't worry about what your wearing, plenty turn up to high lodge in matching caps a skeet vests and miss just as many as me in shorts, t shirt and a pair of boots 😂

Yea, throwing them out back is fun when you have friends.  But by yourself it gets pretty boring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Yea, throwing them out back is fun when you have friends.  But by yourself it gets pretty boring. 

I haven't mastered the art of the trap and gun at the same time yet.... 😉

Ive been off the shooting for so long now even a single clay in the back garden on my own would scratch the itch! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2019 at 19:46, Pigeon Shredder. said:

,everyone has to start somewhere.

Spot on. I was at millride last week by myself and used the delay on two really fast horizontal crossing crossers, fired as a pair. Without delay I wouldn’t have had the time to even mount my gun before both clays hit the banking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have delay buttons at Westlands and Crabtree for lone shooters. The latter counts down with a series of beeps to let you know when the bird is about to be launched. I think it’s a good thing.  

Edited by Scully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@farmboy, regarding what your supplier charges hes way over the odds, my local is £9.00 for black stds n £10.00 for coloured per box 150.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2019 at 15:38, tignme said:

@farmboy, regarding what your supplier charges hes way over the odds, my local is £9.00 for black stds n £10.00 for coloured per box 150.

My mistake, they are actually £11.50, not thay they cost me that lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...