Local auction rooms had sale of over 300 guns and equipment

lakeside1000

One of our local auction houses had a large gun , ammo and equipment sale yesterday, around 150 rifles , shotguns and air weapons, plus cartridges, clothing and other equipment, over 300 lots, 

I have been looking for another 3 shot semi 12 gauge for a while and picked up an as new Webley & Scott 810, it has the black plastic stock ( would have preferred wood )  but other than that it was pristine condition with chokes and key, just 250 pounds plus 50 quid in fees and vat.

Also grabbed 12 'fud' crow decoys, guns in general were very low prices and there were some real bargains, particularly in under over shotguns and pcp air rifles, but cartridges were more expensive than I can buy in the local gun shop, strange how some people get the auction fever and cant stop bidding, I was chatting to one buyer after the auction spent 480 pounds on some old small lots of 12 gauge cartridges, most of which he didn't need or want but just thought it would be easier than going to the gun shop ??? 

6 minutes ago, lakeside1000 said:

One of our local auction houses had a large gun , ammo and equipment sale yesterday, around 150 rifles , shotguns and air weapons, plus cartridges, clothing and other equipment, over 300 lots, 

I have been looking for another 3 shot semi 12 gauge for a while and picked up an as new Webley & Scott 810, it has the black plastic stock ( would have preferred wood )  but other than that it was pristine condition with chokes and key, just 250 pounds plus 50 quid in fees and vat.

Also grabbed 12 'fud' crow decoys, guns in general were very low prices and there were some real bargains, particularly in under over shotguns and pcp air rifles, but cartridges were more expensive than I can buy in the local gun shop, strange how some people get the auction fever and cant stop bidding, I was chatting to one buyer after the auction spent 480 pounds on some old small lots of 12 gauge cartridges, most of which he didn't need or want but just thought it would be easier than going to the gun shop  

That must have been the bloke who out bidded me on the cartridges , as you say with the cartridges , time you put the buyers fee on top a lot of the cheaper ones worked out dearer than the shops , look up Clarks of Walsham for cartridges , they have got some good deals and is only £10 delivery to your house on any amount over 500.

13 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

My wife has strictly forbidden me going to go to auctions.  I get caught up in the moment and will buy the dumbest stuff.  I have like 100 trash can lids in my barn right now.  I down even have the trash cans that they fit.  

The one yesterday would have suited you down to the ground , they had everything from half a dozen stuffed birds in a large cage to just about every type of air rifles made, and more or less everything in between , having said that , I didn't see any dustbin lids for sale :lol: 

18 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Can you pick up a nice game shooting side by side for a decent price?

AYA side by side's 3 to be exact in lovely condition, all inspected and in good usable states, went for 80 quid each, lesser makes were making 50 quid, no one wants SBS's anymore when you can get a decent under over for 150.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

My father in law is an auction legend, he came home once with 500 cremation urns he bought under the idea that people are always going to die!

Just one problem, dead people dont spend money !!!

I wrote the price down for the Browning. I will look when I get home! 

7 hours ago, Harnser said:

Did you see the browning s4 superposed go through . Wanted to have a bid on it but could not make it . Would like to know how much it made .

harnser

Edited by Lampwick

1 hour ago, lakeside1000 said:

The browning made 580 plus fees, too rich for me though I would have liked it, very nice gun 

Thank you . The only thing wrong with it was it had been multi choked spoiling the originality. Think I would have been tempted had I been able to make it . Had I been bidding on it as well the price would have gone up .

harnser

33 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

What was it worth? 🤔

Depending on the condition and the engraving and the quality of the wood and it not being a salt gun ,which I don’t think it was up to a couple of grand . Some of the top end super posed are are worth a lot ,lot more . They are sort after by browning collectors but have to be original and in first class condition with longer barrels and tighter chokes . 

Harnser

23 hours ago, Harnser said:

Thank you . The only thing wrong with it was it had been multi choked spoiling the originality. Think I would have been tempted had I been able to make it . Had I been bidding on it as well the price would have gone up .

harnser

I had it down at £975?? If it was the 5th lot? 

On 20/09/2019 at 23:49, marsh man said:

The one yesterday would have suited you down to the ground , they had everything from half a dozen stuffed birds in a large cage to just about every type of air rifles made, and more or less everything in between , having said that , I didn't see any dustbin lids for sale  

Don't think he needs the lids he needs the bins!