For those that shoot at Bisley

Vince Green

If you shoot regularly at Bisley, as I have done for over 50 years! you will know that getting markers can be a problem and the quality was very variable. A lot of the regular shooters booked private markers to overcome that problem but the man who controlled all that has died recently.

The new man is Gary Ledger but he has gone upmarket with a proper website

https://privatemarker.wixsite.com/garyledger

He is no dearer but he is a professional and a much higher standard, plus he turns up which is not guaranteed with the casuals

I've found that the electronic targets have transformed the shooting experience at Bisley. Many years ago when targets were marked by shooters (Butt detail) the system worked well but over recent years where local youngsters have been used the marking in general was very poor/slow with two or three minutes for each shot to be marked and then often only a wait and a message four sent.

The electronic target markers on Century at 600 yards and Stickledown at 1,000 yards work very well indeed with instant feedback/group size/score etc.

8lprcMjm.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the recommendation Vince! 

Hmm, automatic targets. 1066 have you seen the youtube vids of them being wildly inaccurate?

As for markers, I am well aware of the bad rep we have amongst shooters. It's the college kids that do marking for a bit of extra money during the holidays that drags all of us down. 

Saturday I was one of seven markers. Shooting in full flow, I looked left and right, the three markers either side of me were ALL looking at their phones! 

We are not all the same!

Edited by Private Marker
Spelling