I’ve done it Ditchman!

Miroku_Dave

Finally I’ve put some antler on a knife!!! 

Its not finished yet but I couldn’t resist a quick picture. (The epoxy is drying for the next 24 hours!) 

its my signature blade in 8670 steel, it has white G10 liners which I epoxied to the scales about a week ago as I wasn’t sure how well the antlers would stick but it seems strong enough. It’s got carbon fibre pins, I was going to use mosaic pins but they didn’t really stand out enough. It’s supposed to have a brass lanyard tube but I lost my last bit of brass somewhere!?! I might leave it as is 👍

once ive finished profiling the handle scales and added my mark, and sharpened it obviously I’ll add some better pictures. 

20B6E720-8E6F-4574-A635-690DF12F9E1D.jpeg

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

wooowww.................now yer talkin..............awsome babe........love the whistle and how you have finished the firestick....................

bet you are pleased with that one...:yahoo:

I’m ashamed to say the whistle and firestick aren’t actually mine, I just used them for artistic effect! 

These are my fire sticks, they’re a bit bigger and not quite as refined. 

I’m loving the knife though 😎👍

8B7A51AC-CD2D-47E2-AF01-174969953C9D.jpeg

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

that antler just works sooo well with the steel..........are you going to make a sheath which also takes the stick ...?

I’m probably going to send it to WoodlanderUK and get him to make me one. His work is amazing, I wouldn’t be able to make anything like his stuff! 

He made this for my mate to put one of my knives in....

264B6C3A-D325-4E72-8FA8-6A07384F85D4.jpeg