Momentum is Gaining Momentum

TIGHTCHOKE

Interesting to see the militant Lefties of Momentum attempting to get rid of Tom Watson (Deputy Leader) from his position at the top of the party simply by disbanding the position!

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/09/labours-nec-in-plot-to-oust-tom-watson/

They failed to garner enough votes last night, but are expected to have another go later today!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Syntax

People don't see just how "red" the Labour Party are these days. They would quite happily take us towards a China or Old Russia world, just how was it for the ordinary people in these places. 

They have no interest in the working person  other that taking away the things they've worked for. 

They try and garner votes by promising things they have no intention of carrying through on. Wiping out student debt went from a podium promise to a option if feasible. 

They do so many turns they need a caller like at a barn dance. 

No longer the party for me. But then at the moment I don't know who is the party for me. 

56 minutes ago, manthing said:

People don't see just how "red" the Labour Party are these days. They would quite happily take us towards a China or Old Russia world, just how was it for the ordinary people in these places. 

They have no interest in the working person  other that taking away the things they've worked for. 

They try and garner votes by promising things they have no intention of carrying through on. Wiping out student debt went from a podium promise to a option if feasible. 

They do so many turns they need a caller like at a barn dance. 

No longer the party for me. But then at the moment I don't know who is the party for me. 

If we are out of the EU parties that get in power will have free reign to play without restriction.

Its almost as if the shift left is to balance the shift to the right of the Tories. Where has the sensible middle ground gone? 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well it appears that some sort of sense has prevailed and Jon Lansman has had his attempts to remove the post of Deputy Leader and in doing so get rid of the moderate views of Tom Watson stopped.

For now I’d guess? The trots will come at it again from a different angle, they will effectively get what they want via the “review” they have announced.........quietly, when the timing is better!

Corbyn is (allegedly) not willing to face another election campaign. Either because it would be too much like hard work and he can't be bothered, or because he knows he wouldn't win. Probably a bit of both, anyway he can't stand down with Watson in place as deputy leader because Watson would become leader by default under current rules.

Think back to Blair and Brown, Blair stood down and Brown took over automatically without having any sort of election. That's why a lot of us anti Europeans believe Brown had no legal mandate to sign the Lisbon Treaty.

Anyway Watson's days in the Labour Party are numbered, as are a lot of other moderate MPs like Harriet Harman and Liz Kendall. Momentum have said all labour MPs will have to reapply to be selected as candidates for their own seats at the next election.

You don't need a crystal ball to predict how that will turn out. The moderates will all be ousted and replaced by militants   .  

Edited by Vince Green

11 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Corbyn is (allegedly) not willing to face another election campaign. Either because it would be too much like hard work and he can't be bothered, or because he knows he wouldn't win. Probably a bit of both, anyway he can't stand down with Watson in place as deputy leader because Watson would become leader by default under current rules.

Think back to Blair and Brown, Blair stood down and Brown took over automatically without having any sort of election. That's why a lot of us anti Europeans believe Brown had no legal mandate to sign the Lisbon Treaty.

Anyway Watson's days in the Labour Party are numbered, as are a lot of other moderate MPs like Harriet Harman and Liz Kendall. Momentum have said all labour MPs will have to reapply to be selected as candidates for their own seats at the next election.

You don't need a crystal ball to predict how that will turn out. The moderates will all be ousted and replaced by militants   .  

All part of the trots master plan I reckon? They will not tolerate anyone in their clique (or in this case their Labour Party) who does not actively support their hard left agenda!

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

All part of the trots master plan I reckon? They will not tolerate anyone in their clique (or in this case their Labour Party) who does not actively support their hard left agenda!

Yes its old school labour tactics going back to the days of militant. Rigging committees and then voting in all their cronies