Chas Boswell Damascus Hammergun

Hammo

I bought this absolute gem off Wabbitbosher a while back. Stock was in original - 1890's according to proof marks - condition, uncapped butt was a little knocked about, and a good few bumps and scratches. I was of a mind to keep it original. 

After much thought I decided to have the stock re-finished and fitted to me. Not surprisingly, a nice piece of timber revealed in all its glory!

Just wish I had taken a close up 'before' pic.

IMG_20190907_200914.jpg.49bb1c6b9a313a1d647c9737ac1ed8b2.jpg

Again many thanks to Wabbitbosher!

What do “YOU” class as cheap a Turkish Gun, or are you just a “NAME” gun person for the sake of it.

The OP has purchased the gun and gone his chosen path with it, and then along you come and diss him for it. 🙄

As for extended chokes and yellow stickers, l’ve seen quite a few of those on many an expensive gun at the clay grounds, and the owners of such have no idea wth they are doing.

Next.

I agree with this whole post!

9 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

What do “YOU” class as cheap a Turkish Gun, or are you just a “NAME” gun person for the sake of it.

The OP has purchased the gun and gone his chosen path with it, and then along you come and diss him for it. 🙄

As for extended chokes and yellow stickers, l’ve seen quite a few of those on many an expensive gun at the clay grounds, and the owners of such have no idea wth they are doing.

Next.

The name on a gun doesn’t matter, but I do appreciate quality.

I also appreciate engineering qualities in a gun, but if someone, ie the OP decides that the gun he has purchased, in this case from the almighty wabbitbosher, most likely for not an extravagant amount of money required some tlc/adjustments to/for his own requirements good on him.

So pleeeeeeease refrain from the derogatory remarks in future.

It would be good to see the rest of the gun to fully appreciate its quality. Perhaps the  OP will kindly post a picture of it in due course. The wood of that stock is a thing of beauty and I'm sure the rest of the gun is suitably impressive. The fact that it has now been extended to suit its owner, however done, can only enhance the enjoyment for him to own and use a gun that suits and fits. Good luck to him and the pleasure that he will get from it.

OB

How to stop people posting photo's of their guns, post derogatory and unnecessary remarks!

The gun looks very good for another of Mick's (Wabbitbosher) specials, that is why I wanted to know who had done the work, as Chris says above, it would be nice to see some pictures of the whole of the gun.

If the stock is too short and doesn’t fit the owner, it has to be lengthened.......but however that’s done, it will be obvious and not Hide the fact the stock has been lengthened!

I think on anything other than a very high quality SLE, the job shown is both well executed and utilitarian, as such it’s perfectly acceptable

The grain of the wood looks stunning, I can see where London best is coming from re the extension.  Not to everyones taste and some of us would have chosen a wooden extension with silvers pad or similar. Nice to see a gun being saved and used. All the best to the op using it this coming season.

Now can we have more pics of full gun and other side of the stock too.