Shooting insurance

wishy735

Time to renew my shooting insurance is fast approaching. I use both shotgun and rifle in my shooting. Have been looking at Gunplan(nfu) and Country cover club. Anyone used either of these company's? and if so, would you recommend them?

Insurance to cover.

Pigeon shooting

Clay shooting

Rabbit .22lr

Fox 22-250

I was with ccc3 up until a few years ago until a massive price hike made it kind of pointless. 

Me and my other half have a dual membership with sacs that gives the necessary insurance and hopefully the support of an organisation for pretty much the same price. 

Just looked and sacs is £35 if getting a dual membership. 

Ccc3 is £32.95 now. 

Don't forget if your household cover does not specifically exclude this then both liability - if you injure/kill someone - and loss of or damage to guns - personal possessions - are covered. I have this with Aviva and have one more expensive gun specifically itemised. 

I still have BASC cover - for a syndicate where it is compulsory - but realise some have to cut their cloth accordingly.

I am not just dubious about shooting cover but all types of liability based policies

On a work based forum a few years back a regular on the forum, a small tradesman, was complaining that he had had an accident on a customers premises damaging a carpet worth a fair bit.

He put it through as a claim on his insurance and they just rejected it out of hand. Never even sent somebody round to look at it. So he vented his anger on the work forum.

Almost immediately other posters started piling in with similar stories of getting bounced on claims. Till in the end they were asking if anybody had actually made a claim and had it paid out?

It appeared nobody had. Claims were nearly always refused citing "negligence is not an accident" or some vaguely worded exclusion clause or other.

Don't assume these policies are giving you the peace of mind that you may believe they are giving you.    

50 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I am not just dubious about shooting cover but all types of liability based policies

On a work based forum a few years back a regular on the forum, a small tradesman, was complaining that he had had an accident on a customers premises damaging a carpet worth a fair bit.

He put it through as a claim on his insurance and they just rejected it out of hand. Never even sent somebody round to look at it. So he vented his anger on the work forum.

Almost immediately other posters started piling in with similar stories of getting bounced on claims. Till in the end they were asking if anybody had actually made a claim and had it paid out?

It appeared nobody had. Claims were nearly always refused citing "negligence is not an accident" or some vaguely worded exclusion clause or other.

Don't assume these policies are giving you the peace of mind that you may believe they are giving you.    

I'm not at all certain about this, but am I not right in thinking that in the case of one well known insurance cover, negligence is a pre-requisite for any payout?