Kids on strike

JohnfromUK

Some truth in this quote;

"To all the school kids going on 'strike' for Climate Change:
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom.
You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised.
You spend all day and night on electronic devices.
More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke local roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and update perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy,
Your entertainment comes from electric devices.
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration, which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this...
Tell your teachers to switch off the air-con.
Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book.
Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured fast food.
No, none of this will happen because you are selfish, badly educated, virtue signalling little 'princesses', inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a 'noble cause' while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.
Wake up, grow up and learn to research facts and think for yourself and not blindly accept the words and thoughts of others - I don't think you formulated this action plan all by your self - suspect you may have had some influence and 'guidance' from those you trust ....a word of warning, be cautious of the influence of the 'left' because there may be a time in the future that you will be the ones left out."

13 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom.
More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke local roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and update perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy,
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration, which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this...
No, none of this will happen because you are selfish, badly educated, virtue signalling little 'princesses', inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a 'noble cause' while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.
Wake up, grow up and learn to research facts and think for yourself and not blindly accept the words and thoughts of others - I don't think you formulated this action plan all by your self - suspect you may have had some influence and 'guidance' from those you trust ....a word of warning, be cautious of the influence of the 'left' because there may be a time in the future that you will be the ones left out."

hello, another good post John

36 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

How about this...

100%  agree.   Send that to the Daily Telegraph, Guardian, Mirror etc and see which paper prints it.

Just now, panoma1 said:

None of them are speaking from personal experience, because they have none!........they are just reciting what someone else has told them!

Just like LACS, Extinction Rebellion, Animal Rights, anti Capitalists and all of these other lefty snowflake preacher/disruptor rent-a-mob types.

5 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

How about this...

So very true.

6 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

How about this...

Brilliant. I often wonder when common sense will prevail in the world.

9 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

How about this...

well said    my thoughts exactly 

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

Greta Thunberg at the UN wow. What a speech credit where its due for a child to stand up at the UN and tell us like it is takes some nerve.

I suspect that we are too scared to follow through on climate change promises but I have to hand it to her. Go girl go. 

I bet you think shes just an ordinary schoolgirl, and she decided one day to 'save the world' ?Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, text

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, textImage may contain: one or more people, people sitting and babyImage may contain: one or more people and text

Billions of WHOSE money ?

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, text

Image may contain: 1 person, textImage may contain: text

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, crowd and textImage may contain: text

Just an ordinary girl ?

1 minute ago, Scully said:

When she appeared to be almost on the brink of tears I turned it off. The girl is clearly being coached and exploited and I find it all more than a little disturbingly sinister. 

Its disgusting what they are doing to her.
But you cannot deny the effectiveness of the strategy , a young vulnerable girl, who has took it upon herself to try and save us from ourselves ?

Who can resist the impassioned pleas of a child ?
Especially one who looks , and acts like Greta.
If she were any older, less vulnerable (due to her disabilities and age), she would be far less effective at the agenda she is being forced to promote.

When an agenda such as climate changed is thrust upon you like it has been.
My immediate reaction is suspicion .

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

The girl is clearly being coached and exploited and I find it all more than a little disturbingly sinister.

I suspect in time she will suffer burnout/collapse from the pressure - and be discarded, very probably mentally scarred for life.  It is very wrong to treat a child like that, but her masters are ruthless and manipulative people.

Edited by JohnfromUK

Just now, bruno22rf said:

Can you imagine , back in the 70's, what your parents would have said to you if you had suggested that, as a Schoolchild, you were going on strike - pretty sure that the bruises would still be showing.

I would not know what strike was at that age. I can remember my dad talking about Red Robbo but that was the limit. :lol:

6 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I suspect in time she will suffer burnout/collapse from the pressure - and be discarded, very probably mentally scarred for life.  It is very wrong to treat a child like that, but her masters are ruthless and manipulative people.

I agree. My OH feels very sorry for her and is concerned for her wellbeing. 

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Its disgusting what they are doing to her.
But you cannot deny the effectiveness of the strategy , a young vulnerable girl, who has took it upon herself to try and save us from ourselves ?

Who can resist the impassioned pleas of a child ?
Especially one who looks , and acts like Greta.
If she were any older, less vulnerable (due to her disabilities and age), she would be far less effective at the agenda she is being forced to promote.

When an agenda such as climate changed is thrust upon you like it has been.
My immediate reaction is suspicion .

Again, totally agree. My first reaction when first becoming aware of her was ‘who is pulling her strings?’ My OH told me I was being very cynical but now agrees.

Just now, Scully said:

I agree. My OH feels very sorry for her and is concerned for her wellbeing. 

She should be in school living a 'normal childhood' out of the media and enjoying the usual school life with friends of the same age.  This will not end well for her, and whilst not agreeing at all with what she is doing, I don't wish her the harm that seems a likely outcome.